You are your child’s first and most important teacher! Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) classes help you be the best parent to your child. ECFE classes are designed for you and your child age birth to 5. ECFE is unique to Minnesota and is a program of Eden Prairie Schools Community Education. From school-year and 10-week classes to playtime and special events, ECFE programs do the following:
- Support your child's healthy development through engaging activities
- Help you discover effective parenting tips you can use immediately
- Allow you to enjoy parent/child time including songs, activities, games, and lessons that will help your child thrive in every way
- Give families a chance to step away from the rapid pace of today's world and ease the stresses families face
What can I expect at a typical ECFE class?
Parent-Child Activity: Time for you and your child to learn and play together, with songs, stories, and developmentally appropriate activities you can do at home.
Parent Discussion: Spend time with other parents discussing the joys and challenges of parenting while learning effective, research-based parenting strategies. A licensed parent educator will guide the discussion and share information about child development.
Children's Learning Time: In classes where children and parents separate for the parent discussion, children will stay with licensed early childhood teachers. Children will learn social-emotional skills while playing and learning with other children.
What if I have other children?
Sibling care for babies through age 5 is an option as you register for your ECFE classes.
- Our experienced staff provide a safe, secure environment for babies that includes:
- Gentle, loving care
- Quiet napping space available
- Feeding and diapering per parent request
- For older children, staff provide a flexible, fun learning environment which includes a theme based curriculum explored through games, songs, art activities and child-directed play.
How much does it cost?
ECFE and Sibling Care Pricing: ECFE classes are priced on a sliding fee scale based on your household income (for 2017-2018). Please refer to the chart below to determine the total cost of your ECFE class, and Sibling Care if applicable, based on your income.
|$100,000 and Above
Want to try an ECFE class for FREE?
Welcome babies! Give your baby a strong start. These classes are for newborn through 12 month babies and their significant caregivers; mom, dad, grandparents, etc. Meet new friends and enjoy bonding time with your baby!
- Baby Play and Learn
- Baby Sign Language
- Baby STory Time
- Parent and Baby Yoga
- Infant Massage
These baby classes are offered FREE of charge, but pre-registration is requested. A variety of dates and times are offered throughout the year. Learn more and register!