EP Online is a 100 percent online learning option for Eden Prairie Schools students. EP Online will be taught by highly acclaimed Eden Prairie teachers using a combination of real-time learning through video conferencing and asynchronous learning. Students will be able to experience Eden Prairie Schools’ outstanding personalized learning in an online format that follows the district’s rigorous standards and curriculum.
During the 2020-21 school year, there is high demand for a full-time online option. As a result, secondary students (grades 7-12) who choose EP Online will have their learning delivered by CMS and EPHS teachers using Schoology and video conferencing tools. These students will be remotely connecting into classes being taught on site in Eden Prairie Schools’ hybrid learning model.
Students in grades K-6 will experience a full online education, with lessons specially prepared to incorporate video, live teaching and weekly benchmarks that students must meet to progress in their learning. Elementary EP Online will be taught by Eden Prairie Schools teachers.
Phone: 952 975-7141
Mailing Address: 8100 School Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Registration for EP Online for the fall of 2020 closed Aug. 26. Registration will open later this year for the second semester of the 2020-21 school year.
Supply lists are available for grades K-6 in EP Online. Additional materials for a specific module will be needed throughout the year, and your teacher will provide more information.
EP Online K- 6 Open Houses
Virtual open houses by grade were hosted via Zoom. Find those recordings below.
- Kindergarten: 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. - Watch Here
- 1st Grade: 4:45 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. - Watch Here
- 2nd Grade: 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. - Watch Here
- 3rd Grade: 6:15 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. - Watch Here
- 4th Grade: 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. - Watch Here
- 5th Grade: 7:45 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. - Watch Here
- 6th Grade: 8:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. - Watch Here
- Are classes live or flexible?
- Will courses be listed in Schoology?
- When will students be assigned to a teacher?
- My student doesn't have an iPad, where can I pick up it up?
- Do you recommend students use headphones for live meetings/interactions?
- What is the workload like in EP Online?
- Will EP Online be in Campus?
- Do I need to create a new Apple ID with the iPad?
- What is EP Online?
- What will happen to EP Online when the pandemic passes?
- Does Eden Prairie Schools have experience with online learning?
- Will my child get a quality education through EP Online?
- If my child is enrolled in EP Online, will they be able to access special education services?
- Can my child participate in athletics and other activities?
- If I register my child for EP Online, can we still participate in Eagle Zone after school care?
- Where can I find the FAQ for Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion (EHSI)?
- Is there a cost associated with EP Online?
- What type of commitment are you asking for EP Online?
- What was the EP Online survey for?
- Will the same high school courses be offered through EP Online as are available at EPHS?
- What students can participate in EP Online?
- Is there a maximum capacity for individual classes or grades in EP Online?
- Is EP Online a permanent program/option or only temporary this year for the pandemic?
- Will EP Online be governed by the same administrative structure as the rest of the district?
- If my family participates in the free and reduced lunch program, can I still participate in EP Online?
- How is EP Online funded?
- How many families does EP serve and how many have expressed interest in EP Online?
- What is the middle school EP Online experience in 2020-21?
- What is the high school EP Online experience in 2020-21?
- Where are the Zoom webinar recordings about EP Online from early August?
- How can I enroll in EP Online?
- What is the deadline to enroll in EP Online?
- What type of commitment are you asking for EP Online?
- Can we switch to EP Online in the middle of the year?
- Could there be a waiting list?
- What is the process to switch between EP Online and the learning model being offered in the rest of the district?
- How many families does EP serve and how many have enrolled in EP Online?
- How can I confirm if my student has been enrolled in EP Online?
- If the district as a whole moves back to full time distance learning, will my student have to unenroll from EP Online?
- Can students switch between EP Online and the learning model being offered by Eden Prairie Schools if the format is not working for them? Would they have to wait for the end of the semester?
- Can families who do not live in Eden Prairie enroll in EP Online?
- Are there any academic performance requirements to enroll in EP Online?
- During distance learning last spring, some elementary students were challenged to navigate between the different online platforms. How will it be different this time?
- Please describe what online school looks like for younger elementary students who don’t yet read.
- Please describe a typical day for elementary students who can read.
- How structured is the day for younger students? Are there specific times they would need to be online?
- Will elementary students be grouped with students who would typically be in their own boundary school?
- Will elementary students use physical manipulatives (books, etc.) with the curriculum?
- What is the difference between the hybrid model and EP Online for students currently in Mosaic programming?
- Will students in the EP Online Mosaic class experience the same curriculum that is used in the hybrid model?
- Will students in the Mosaic EP Online class be taught by someone with an interest, expertise, and experience in working with gifted learners?
- If we decide to enroll in EP Online and want to switch to the hybrid model at semester break, will my child still have a space in the Mosaic class? Will they need to test again to be placed back in the in-school program?
- Would students from both Mosaic sites blend together to make a class in EP Online?
- Will students from one school with Mosaic be transferred to the other school with Mosaic to make a full class of students if many choose EP Online?