Experience Prairie View
Prairie View is committed to inspiring EACH student every day. This means helping your learner grow and reach his or her full potential in a safe, nurturing environment. Together with our strong parent community, we lead our students to take ownership of their learning while exploring their interests and finding new passions.
“We have been very impressed with Prairie View, especially the staff. All the teachers that we’ve encountered have been absolutely wonderful. They’re very invested in the students, and they do whatever they can to help them succeed. We feel like they truly care about the kids and really want them to succeed.”
-Sara Koepp, Parent
- What makes us an excellent school?
- Be Safe. Be Responsible. Be Kind.
- Academic Success
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Parent Involvement
- Outstanding teachers: Our teachers are loved by our parent community with a 99% approval rating among parents district-wide.
- Personalized Learning: At Eden Prairie Schools, we believe each learner has unique talents and gifts. Through personalized learning, teachers work to understand, care and nurture student strengths, while students are encouraged to take ownership of their learning and explore their interests and passions.
- 4Cs: Our teaching practices emphasize the 4Cs: creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication. These are the skills essential for both career and citizenship.
- Mindfulness: Students engage in yoga calming strategies throughout the day to help reduce stress, improve attention and promote overall student wellness.
- Aeroponics & aquaponics: Students have access to hands-on science experience as they learn the process of growing plants without the use of soil and are able to eat the food they grow.
- Gifted programming: We offer the Mosaic and KEY programs for students to engage in activities utilizing problem solving, higher level thinking skills and advanced topics.
- Outdoor classroom: Prairie View offers an exciting learning opportunity in our outdoor courtyard where students learn about the environment in a calming and engaging atmosphere.
- Orchestra, choir and band: Students engage in musical education each week. Eden Prairie Schools is one of the few districts to offer orchestra at the elementary level.
The Core Values of our Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) system focus on three character pillars – Be Safe, Be Responsible and Be Kind. All students work together with their classroom teachers and staff to embed these traits into our everyday learning at Prairie View Elementary School. The PBIS Program and the Responsive Classroom Program work hand in hand to develop our students into outstanding community members.
Prairie View and the PTO work collaboratively to enhance the educational environment for the students. The PTO sponsors events throughout the year to provide enrichment opportunities in the 4Cs (communication, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking) for all students. In addition, the PTO supports the STEM Education Program, the Outdoor Classroom, Guided Reading Centers, and various classroom activities throughout the year. There are three major fundraisers throughout the year including a Fall Booster-Thon, the school carnival, and Parents’ Night Out. We encourage our families to be involved in the Prairie View Community.