Students and Families: As we prepare for distance learning, the document below is set-up as “frequently asked questions” to provide you general guidance through the next couple of weeks. Students will receive further guidance from their individual teachers. We will continue to update this document as new information emerges so please check back frequently to remain updated. Our primary focus during this time is your self-care, as we know that maintaining your physical and emotional health will create a strong foundation for learning in this new environment. Know that each staff member at Prairie View is working hard to ensure each student experiences a caring and supportive bridge to distance learning.
Read in Somali.
- What is distance learning?
- When will K-12 licensed staff be available?
- When will teachers have lessons posted by?
- What is the deadline for work completed on a distance learning day?
- Can students check in to their classes after 3:30 p.m.?
- Will attendance be taken for a distance learning day?
- What if students are sick? Are parents expected to call the attendance line?
- Is there a schedule families should use at home to promote Distance Learning?
- What about Specials? Will my child still receive learning experiences for Art, Music, PE and Spanish?
- How can I get my child help with a distance learning assignment?
- When will teachers connect with students about Distance Learning expectations?
- When can students expect a response from teachers via email or Schoology?
- What if a teacher is unable to participate in the Distance Learning Day (sickness, bereavement, etc)?
- What are the considerations for students receiving Special Education, ESL, or Title I services?
- How can I get technical support (for EP Schools devices, internet access, etc.)?
- What resources are available to support students and families regarding meals, childcare, activities, etc.?
- Will my child need the iPad every day for learning?
- How do I access Schoology, See Saw, or other tools students are expected to use?
- Where can I be able to find other digital resources to support my child?
- Who would I contact if I have technological issues with my child’s iPad?