Experience Forest Hills
Our students come to Forest Hills with unique talents and perspectives. They leave with reinforced confidence and an eagerness to learn more. We work hard to inspire our students because they inspire us every single day. Together with our strong parent community, we lead our students to take ownership of their learning while exploring their interests and finding new passions.
“The ever-present Forest Hills family goes beyond the standard subjects taught with a focus on critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication (4Cs). This develops confident learners while creating the essential building blocks for your child’s educational journey and success in their future career.”
- Katie Little, parent
- What makes us an excellent school?
- Be Safe. Be Responsible. Be Kind.
- Academic Success
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Parent Involvement
- A core curriculum of heart and mind: We help students reach their highest potential through caring classroom communities and opportunities that include student leaders, our buddy classrooms, and Student Leadership Council.
- Growth Mindsets for Learning: We emphasize the five mindsets in an interdisciplinary manner: flexibility, resilience, empathy, optimism, and persistence.
- 4Cs: Our teaching practices emphasize the 4Cs: creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication. These are the skills essential for both career and citizenship.
- Outstanding teachers and staff: Our teachers are loved by our parent community with a 99% approval rating among parents district-wide.
- Outdoor learning space: Forest Hills offers a beautiful courtyard which recently received a facelift, thanks to a group of devoted parents and staff. The result is an outdoor learning space that optimizes our opportunities to talk about nature and resources, and make the best use of our Minnesota weather.
- Personalized Learning: At Eden Prairie Schools, we believe each learner has unique talents and gifts. Teachers work to understand, care and nurture student strengths, while students are encouraged to take ownership of their learning and explore their interests and passions.
- Mindfulness: Students engage in mindfulness strategies throughout the day to help reduce stress, improve attention and promote overall student wellness.
- Gifted Programming: We offer the KEY program for students in second through sixth grade, utilizing problem solving, higher-level thinking skills and advanced topics.
- Orchestra, choir and band: Students engage in musical education each week. Eden Prairie Schools is one of the few districts to offer orchestra at the elementary level.
A positive, welcoming and collaborative atmosphere awaits students at Forest Hills Elementary. Teachers and staff nurture students’ love for learning while challenging them to work to their highest potential. We have built a reputation for successfully bringing out the best in every student. Thanks to our dedicated teaching staff, we are constantly employing new practices and techniques into Forest Hills classrooms.
We emphasize social-emotional and academic learning. Our students achieve high levels of learning through consistent, aligned math and reading models in kindergarten through 6th grade. Our differentiated instructional programs are based on student needs to enhance and extend each student’s learning experience.
Forest Hills and the PTO work collaboratively to enhance the educational environment for the students. The PTO has supported funding for a school-wide Makerspace, the outdoor courtyard, fieldtrips, service learning projects, Media Center resources, flexible learning spaces, Guided Reading Library, and various classroom activities throughout the year. There are three major fundraisers during the year including a Fall Dinner/Dance Party, the Family Fun Run/Walk and Carnival. We encourage our families to be involved in the Forest Hills Community.