Experience Forest Hills
Our students come to Forest Hills with unique talents and perspectives. They leave with reinforced confidence and an eagerness to learn more. We work hard to inspire our students because they inspire us every single day. Together with our strong parent community, we lead our students to take ownership of their learning while exploring their interests and finding new passions.
“I am proud my children are among the students at Forest Hills and are receiving a vital education for their future.”
- Zahrah Aden, parent
“The ever-present Forest Hills family goes beyond the standard subjects taught with a focus on critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication (4Cs). This develops confident learners while creating the essential building blocks for your child’s educational journey and success in their future career.”
- Katie Little, parent
- What makes us an excellent school?
- Be Safe. Be Responsible. Be Kind.
- Academic Success
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Parent Involvement
Forest Hills is a wonderful place for students, staff and families. What makes us an excellent school?
- A core curriculum of heart and mind: We help students reach their highest potential through caring classroom communities and opportunities that include student leaders, our buddy classrooms, and Student Leadership Council.
- Growth Mindsets for Learning: We emphasize the five mindsets in an interdisciplinary manner: flexibility, resilience, empathy, optimism, and persistence.
- 4Cs: Our teaching practices emphasize the 4Cs: creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication. These are the skills essential for both career and citizenship.
- Outstanding teachers and staff: Our teachers are loved by our parent community with a 97% approval rating among parents district-wide.
- A variety of learning spaces indoors and out: Our MakerSpace allows students to create, invent, tinker, and explore using a variety of tools and materials. We also learn outside in our beautiful courtyard to discover nature and unique resources as we make the best use of our Minnesota weather.
- Personalized Learning: At Eden Prairie Schools, we believe each learner has unique talents and gifts. Teachers work to understand, care and nurture student strengths, while students are encouraged to take ownership of their learning and explore their interests and passions.
- Mindfulness: Students engage in mindfulness strategies throughout the day to help reduce stress, improve attention and promote overall student wellness.
- Gifted Programming: We offer the KEY program for students in second through sixth grade, utilizing problem solving, higher-level thinking skills and advanced topics.
- Orchestra, choir and band: Students engage in musical education each week. Eden Prairie Schools is one of the few districts to offer orchestra at the elementary level.
- Sensory path: In addition to giving students a “brain break”, our sensory path helps learners to be active and increase focus in the classroom.
A positive, welcoming and collaborative atmosphere awaits students at Forest Hills Elementary. Teachers and staff nurture students’ love for learning while challenging them to work to their highest potential. We have built a reputation for successfully bringing out the best in every student. Thanks to our dedicated teaching staff, we are constantly employing new practices and techniques into Forest Hills classrooms.
We emphasize social-emotional and academic learning. Our students achieve high levels of learning through consistent, aligned math and reading models in kindergarten through 6th grade. Our differentiated instructional programs are based on student needs to enhance and extend each student’s learning experience.
Forest Hills and the PTO work collaboratively to enhance the educational environment for the students. The PTO has supported funding for a school-wide Makerspace, the outdoor courtyard, fieldtrips, service learning projects, Media Center resources, flexible learning spaces, Guided Reading Library, and various classroom activities throughout the year. There are three major fundraisers during the year including a Fall Dinner/Dance Party, the Family Fun Run/Walk and Carnival. We encourage our families to be involved in the Forest Hills Community.