Welcome to the Forest Hills Media Center! Students visit us weekly with their class, as well as make trips individually to exchange books. We have a collection of over 16,000 books available for students and staff.
Library Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Contact Nancy Merickel, 952-975-8682
- Gain access to fiction and nonfiction eBooks for young readers using your Hennepin County Library Card. Includes streaming video, games and educator resources.
- Interactive learning modules for pre-kindergarten through grade 2 includes drawing, reading, games, and geographical exploration
- Encyclopedia content for elementary grades plus multimedia, timelines, world atlas, country comparison, animal kingdom, and geography explorer.
- Encyclopedia content for middle school grades plus multimedia, timelines, world atlas, country comparison, and primary sources.
- Gain access to concise, reliable, and up-to-date country reports on 200 cultures of the world using your Hennepin County library card
- Engaging digital and interactive content and curriculum, including videos, games, assessments, and more.
- Popular elementary school magazines as well as encyclopedias and newspapers written for kids, plus an image collection of photos, maps, and flags.
- Popular elementary and middle school magazines as well as encyclopedias, newspapers, and dictionaries. Includes Primary Search, Middle Search Plus, and Science Reference Center databases.
- Digital resource platform with ebooks, audiobooks, databases and more. Click here for a tutorial.
- Popular elementary school magazines as well as encyclopedias and dictionaries written for kids, plus an image collection of photos, maps, and flags. Includes Primary Search and Middle Search Plus databases.
- Encyclopedia, magazine, and journal articles, plus primary sources, images, video, and more for middle and high school students. Includes Discovering Collection, Junior Reference Collection, InfoTrac Student Edition, and InfoTrac Junior Edition databases.
- Magazine, journal, and encyclopedia articles, plus multimedia files for middle and high school students. Includes Health Source-Consumer Edition, MAS Ultra-School Edition, Middle Search Plus, and Science Reference Center databases.
- Pro vs. con essays that present multiple sides of current or controversial issues. Plus magazine and newspaper articles, primary sources, and more related to those issues.
- Science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other sources covering numerous science topics for middle and high school students. Included in Student Research Center and Kids Search databases.
- Animated storybooks and chapter books with highlighted text. Also includes nonfiction books and videos, puzzles and games. Some titles in Spanish and French. All students can access this resource while in school, and at home through the MackinVia platform under the "Database" tab.
The library is always in need of volunteers to support the library staff. Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering in any capacity. We are happy to accommodate your schedule and skills!
For more information, questions, or to discuss a potential schedule, please contact Nancy Merickel.