Inspire EACH Student
The Strategic Plan is our roadmap for 2023-28 and guides how we provide experiences for those in our learning community, including students, staff, and families. We’re calling this experience an Inspired Journey of Discovery, Exploration, and Pursuit.
The Strategic Plan remains grounded in our mission of inspiring each student every day, shown as the graphic with a student with a backpack and the world they are contributing to. Our core values are at the heart of who we are, shown in the EP of our logo — which has a nice connection to the “Each Person” of our core values.
The mission outcomes serve as the guideposts throughout the Inspired Journey to hold us accountable for meeting our mission. The strategies, represented by the EP wing, were developed with our community and show focus areas and what we must do to continue fulfilling our mission.
This all comes together in the image shown here, where each piece of our Strategic Plan plays an integral part in Inspiring Each Student Every Day.
Inspire each student to learn continuously so they are empowered to reach personal fulfillment and contribute purposefully to our ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- Each person has intrinsic value.
- Each person has individual gifts, interests and talents.
- Community benefits when each person contributes.
- Relationships flourish on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.
- Continuous learning is essential for personal fulfillment, opportunity and success.
Each student will be inspired to learn continuously and achieve district expectations.
Each student will enthusiastically and confidently engage in the continual pursuit of personal goals and aspirations.
Each student will proactively engage in actions that contribute to community.
Strategic Delimiter: We will not adopt any new program or service unless it aligns with and contributes to our mission.
2023-2028 Strategies and Strategic Results
AUTHENTIC & PERSONALIZED LEARNING STRATEGY: By 2028, we will inspire students to engage and achieve at high levels through authentic and personalized learning experiences.
- Eden Prairie Schools’ “Inspired Journey” of discovery, exploration and pursuit will be fully implemented.
- Each student’s experiences, backgrounds, and cultures will be reflected in curriculum, instructional resources, and learning, while promoting and developing each student’s unique strengths and identities.
- Each student will demonstrate their learning through performance tasks and assessments that measure growth and mastery of content. Meaningful feedback will be provided to promote further growth.
- Each educator will consistently disaggregate multiple forms of data to design and adjust instruction in response to each student’s learning.
- Opportunities will be provided and conditions will be created for each student to experience the 21st-century skills of critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creative problem solving.
- Each staff member will be supported in authentic and personalized professional learning experiences designed to meet the needs of students.
WELLBEING STRATEGY: By 2028, we will nurture wellbeing among all students and staff by fostering belonging, ensuring physical and emotional health, and promoting safety, kindness and personal responsibility.
- Each student will experience wellbeing through intentionally designed instruction and learning environments.
- As part of their Inspired Journey, each student will deepen their understanding of themselves to promote individual and community growth.
- Targeted mental health resources will be provided to students and staff based on identified needs.
- Ongoing professional development will support all staff in providing positive experiences for students, families and one another that increase a collective sense of wellbeing.
- Each student and staff will receive continual training to improve and strengthen school safety and emergency response.
INCLUSION & BELONGING STRATEGY: By 2028, we will cultivate an inclusive learning environment that fosters a sense of belonging for each student within our diverse community.
- Each student will be highly engaged in their learning and receive equitable access to all programming.
- Predictable achievement disparities will be eliminated.
- Each staff member will be highly engaged in cultural awareness development.
- The racial demographics of staff will closely reflect that of the student population.
- Each student and family will experience authentic relationships with school staff to enhance learning