Can you believe it’s August? Summer has flown by, and we have been busy preparing to welcome our students back to school for our 100th Year of Inspiring Each.
Here is the information about the coming year including back-to-school events, transportation, free meals and more.
First day of school
The official first day of the 2023-24 school year is Tuesday, September 5. However, students may have different start dates based on their grade. Please read the information below carefully! CMS and EPHS will follow up with additional information on staggered start dates for students.
- Little Eagles Preschool students (ages 3-4): Tuesday, September 5
- Elementary students (grades pre-K-5, all schools): Tuesday, September 5
- Central Middle School students (grades 6-8):
- 6th graders: Tuesday, September 5
- 7th and 8th graders: Wednesday, September 6
- Eden Prairie High School students (grades 9-12):
- 9th graders: Tuesday, September 5
- 10th-12th graders: Wednesday, September 6
- EP Online students (all grades): Tuesday, September 5
- TASSEL students: Tuesday, September 5
The school day and office hours of each school are posted on your school website’s Contact Us page, as well as on the district Contact Us page.
Key events for the start of school
Keep an eye out for information from your school about the following important events!
- EP Online Open House: Students can take school photos, pick up devices and materials, and walk through their schedules. New students will receive a t-shirt. The event will take place on August 25 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Central Middle School.
- Back to School Night: Takes place before the first day of school, when families and students can meet students’ teachers. Elementary (pre-K-5) families are invited to drop off school supplies.
- Little Eagles 3-Year-Old Preschool - Community Education Building: August 30, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Cedar Ridge, Eden Lake, Forest Hills, Oak Point, Prairie View: August 30, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion: August 31, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Central Middle School
- Grade 6: August 29, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Grade 8: August 24, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Grade 7: August 24, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Eden Prairie High School
- August 24, 12:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- August 28, 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Open House: Takes place in September. For elementary families, your student’s teacher will send home a video with information about their classrooms and learning platforms, and your student will give you a tour of the building!
- Little Eagles 3-Year-Old Preschool - Community Education Building: September 21 4:00-5:30 p.m
- Cedar Ridge: September 21, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion: September 19, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- Eden Lake: September 21, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- Forest Hills: September 21, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- Oak Point: September 21, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- Prairie View: September 14, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- Central Middle School Curriculum Night: Walk through your student’s bell schedule, meet their teachers, and learn more about the opportunities available to students at CMS.
- Grade 6: September 12, 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Grades 7 & 8: September 14, 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Information about your teacher(s)
Little Eagles Preschool families will be notified of teacher assignments by Friday, August 25. Elementary school families (pre-K through 5) will be able to see their student’s teacher assignment in the Parent Portal after 4:00 p.m. on Monday, August 28. Schedules at Central Middle School, Eden Prairie High School and EP Online grades 6-12 will become available throughout the month of August; please watch for an email from your school for more information. Thank you for your patience while we find the best classroom fit for your child!
If your student will take the bus to or from school this year, the Transportation Department will share preliminary route information with you via email in mid-August and follow up with finalized information the week before school starts. Your route information will include pick up and drop off locations and times. If you need to make any changes to the preliminary information, please complete the Route & Stop Changes form on the Transportation website, email email@example.com, or call 952-975-7500.
School supply lists can be found on each school’s website under “Student Life.” Many of our school Parent Teacher Organizations (PTOs) partner with companies like School Tool Box to have everything you need for the new school year shipped directly to your door. If you are interested, watch for a message from your school PTO to purchase. If cost is a barrier to getting school supplies, your school’s social worker can help, or you can pick up free supplies during your school’s Back to School Night.
Free first breakfast and lunch for all students
Minnesota approved free school meals for all students learning in person beginning in the 2023-24 school year. This means the first breakfast and lunch provided to a student each day are free as long as they include at least 3 items, and one MUST be ½ cup fruit or vegetable. In addition, Eden Prairie Schools will provide one free milk for every child, even if they bring meals from home. Please note that additional meals, a la carte items and Mega Bites will still have a charge.
Stay up to date on the latest changes and view school menus on the Child Nutrition webpage.
Our student handbooks include important information about expectations at school and are updated each summer. Once your school’s 2023-24 handbook is posted to the school website, please be sure to review it with your students so they can have the most successful year possible. Thank you!
Once the 2023-24 handbooks are available in mid-August, you will be able to find them here:
- Little Eagles Preschool Family Handbook
- All Elementary Schools, except EP Online
- Central Middle School
- Eden Prairie High School
- EP Online, K-5 and 6-12
We look forward to seeing you at Back to School Nights!