Seven Eden Prairie Schools’ teachers were selected as candidates for the 2019 Minnesota Teacher of the Year. The program organized and underwritten by Education Minnesota, chooses one teacher to represent Minnesota's thousands of excellent educators. This year, 168 educators across the state are candidates for Minnesota Teacher of the Year.
“It is definitely an honor -- and also no surprise -- that we have seven teachers nominated. Eden Prairie teaching staff work to inspire each student every day. We are so proud of all of our staff,” said Dr. Stacie Stanley, Assistant Superintendent.
Candidates from Eden Prairie Schools are:
- Deanne Herz, Central Middle School
- Penny Jeurissen, Prairie View Elementary
- Lindsay Klaverkamp, Central Middle School
- Debra Larsson, Little Eagles Preschool
- Stacy Marek, Central Middle School
- Marcela Roos, Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion
- Kathy Vehmeier, Little Eagles Preschool
The 2019 Teacher of the Year will be named at a ceremony on May 5, 2019, at Saint Paul RiverCentre. The Minnesota Teacher of the Year also becomes Minnesota’s candidate for National Teacher of the Year. The Minnesota Teacher of the Year program is the oldest and most prestigious recognition program in Minnesota to honor excellence in education. For more information about the Minnesota Teacher of the Year visit the Education Minnesota website.