Today, state leaders shared updated guidance on how to bring secondary students (grades 7-12) back to in-person learning full time. Eden Prairie Schools has been planning for this transition. To be ready to welcome students, we are updating classroom and social distance designs, routing transportation, arranging to serve additional lunches and breakfasts, and working on other operational considerations.
Later this week or early next week, you will receive an announcement with the date secondary students will resume school in person. Your school will provide additional information to make this a smooth transition.
Our robust and multi-layered safety plans have been in place all year. They will be reviewed and enhanced in alignment with the new guidance. We will be reinforcing all of our safety expectations with students and staff.
- Students will be required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Social distance standards will follow the state's updated Safe Learning Plan.
- Lunch procedures are being reviewed and updated to align with new state guidance.
- Schedules will allow for handwashing and regular access to hand sanitizer.
- Staff are required to wear both a face covering and face shield.
- We will share information on free COVID-19 tests available to students and families.
Look for more updates in the coming days. Thank you for your support of your student and Eden Prairie Schools.