Eden Prairie Schools provides lactose reduced milk upon written request from a parent/guardian.
Members of Eden Prairie Schools' Health Services staff interact in partnership with the Educational Team to provide students with high quality and consistent health care and health management. Services provided are essential for maintaining and promoting student achievement in a safe and respectful environment. School nurses and health services paraprofessionals work together to meet the health needs of students. This team has a unique understanding of students' physical, social, and emotional health and the resulting impact on learning.
Licensed School Nurses
- Develop and supervise a system of first aid, illness management, emergency care and health related policies
- Assess, plan and document for students with health issues
- Provide and plan the direct services for chronically ill or medically fragile student needing health procedures
- Plan and provide for vision and hearing screening and do follow-up with referrals
- Serve as a resource to staff, students, families regarding health concerns and health education
- Coordinate prevention and control of communicable diseases
- Monitor immunizations compliance per MN immunization laws
- Have a baccalaureate degree and are licensed in public health and school nursing
Provide immediate first aid and comfort to injured students
- Provide care to students who become ill or have health concerns during the school day
- Maintain documentation of immunizations and other health issues as part of the health records
- Administer medications under the direction of the Licensed School Nurse
- Are certified in CPR and trained in first aid
Health Services Offices
Each school is staffed by a Health Services Paraprofessional (HSP) under the supervision and direction of the Licensed School Nurse.