Eden Prairie Schools is an incredible place for students to learn and grow. This district has enjoyed a long-standing reputation of excellence that is built on high expectations for our students and staff. We believe it is our purpose to create an environment of care and support where each student is inspired every day. We can do this best by knowing each of them as learners and individuals, recognizing their skills and motivations, and pushing them to excel. Our students are encouraged to take ownership of their learning while exploring their interests and finding passions. We welcome you to the Eden Prairie family. Go Eagles!
From Early Childhood programs through high school, our district has a strong reputation for academic excellence, personalized opportunities for all students, and a supportive school community. This is what helps our students thrive both inside and outside of the classroom. We welcome you and your student as a part of the Eden Prairie Schools family, and we thank you for choosing us to lead your student on his or her exciting learning journey.
- What makes us an excellent school district?
- Serving Each Learner
- Highly-Qualified Staff
- Co-Curricular Opportunities
- Parent Involvement
- Personalized Learning: Eden Prairie students experience academic success, consistently outperforming their peers across the country as they develop the skills and knowledge necessary to thrive in 21st century life. Our nationally-recognized schools use a personalized approach to learning that inspires and empowers each student by fostering meaningful relationships, maintaining high expectations, promoting continuous growth, and providing authentic opportunities for engagement. Our commitment to EACH student means that we value the unique skills and interests of all our students. Our excellent teachers have a 99% approval rating among parents, and they get to know each student to better understand their passions and curiosity.
- The “4Cs”: Eden Prairie Schools is looking forward to the future to ensure our students are prepared for the jobs of tomorrow. While we maintain high academic standards, we also work to develop critical thinkers, students who can collaborate with their teammates, are creative and know how to effectively communicate. We view the 4Cs as essential skills for all learners to develop in order to contribute purposefully to our ever-changing world.
- Empowering Curriculum: Our curriculum focuses on building a strong foundation in core subject areas of math, science, literacy, social studies, physical education, and the arts, at the same time that it promotes critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication across all learning. Every content area is reviewed on an ongoing basis by Curriculum Improvement Committees comprised of educators, administrators and parents. By reviewing existing programs, assessment data, and investigating the newest research and resources available, we are able to continually improve our approaches to keep Eden Prairie Schools in the forefront of education advancements and best practices.
- A+ Rating: Eden Prairie was rated the #1 “Best Place to Live in Minnesota” in 2017 by Niche.com, which included the highest possible rating of “A+” for the Eden Prairie School District.
- Low Class Sizes: Eden Prairie Schools is committed to low class sizes and are among the lowest average kindergarten and 1st grade class sizes in the west metro.
- Academic Opportunities: Learners thrive best in an environment that challenges and nurtures individuals, fosters mutual respect and celebrates diversity. Eden Prairie Schools strives to meet the unique educational needs of every student who walks through our doors. We offer a variety of outstanding academic opportunities for all students at different levels. Our students, staff, parents and community members are partners in working toward educational excellence.
- Gifted Services: Eden Prairie Schools has one of the most comprehensive gifted offerings in the state. For those students with exceptional academic skills, cognitive abilities and creative talents, we offer multiple levels of advanced learning opportunities at each of our elementary, middle and high schools. These include accelerated lessons and classes, our KEY program, and Mosaic, our full-day classroom program for highly gifted students. All of our gifted services teachers have an advanced degree in gifted education. Learn more about our gifted services on our Gifted Services Page.
- Specialized Education: Highly-qualified, committed, and talented teachers, paraprofessionals, and administrators serve students with disabilities ranging in age from birth to 21 throughout the district. Our special education program is carefully coordinated with general education, English Learners, Title 1A, Gifted and Talented, and Targeted programs. Learn more on our Specialized Education Services page.
- College & Career Ready: We encourage our students to reach high, to be critical thinkers and to achieve their personal best every day in order to prepare them for the road ahead. Our elementary and middle schools encourage students to explore their passions and interests in a highly-rigorous educational environment. Eden Prairie High School offers numerous Advanced Placement and College in the Schools courses to challenge students and allow them to earn college credit. Many of our students graduate with college credits in hand, poised to continue their success at a post secondary level. We have the highest percentage of graduates who enroll in college, compared to other west metro districts.* A variety of resources are available to help students navigate their career and college search process. Students leave Eden Prairie High School ready for the next step, whether that means continuing their education or starting their career. *Source: Minnesota Statewide Longitudinal Education Data System (SLEDS)
We are extremely proud of our outstanding staff in Eden Prairie Schools. We attract and retain some of the most talented and sought-after professionals in the state. Each person plays an important role in delivering an excellent educational experience for your student. What makes our teachers great? It’s their passion to support each unique student and help him or her succeed. We believe that caring, knowledgeable and dedicated teachers are vital in helping your student reach his or her full potential. All of our teachers are fully qualified for their positions, and 76% of them have earned a master’s degree or beyond. Each teacher is currently entitled to teach under Minnesota’s certification requirements. In addition, every teacher continues his or her own learning through professional development activities and are evaluated to make sure that their teaching skills remain at the highest possible level.
Something for Everyone: Our students have access to the largest variety of athletic, academic and music options in Minnesota, giving them more opportunities to explore their interests. Our outstanding programs have won numerous titles and recognitions at the state and national levels. These opportunities help students learn time management, build self-esteem, and allow them to contribute to their school community in different ways.
- Inspire Together: We believe parent and family involvement is one of the primary keys to student success. We partner with parents to enhance the educational environment for all of our students. Parents are welcome and invited to numerous face-to-face opportunities through school events, meetings, volunteering or serving on committees. Reliable communication is an essential part of building strong relationships with parents. School offices and classroom teachers keep parents informed with regular electronic communication through websites, our customized Parent Portal, e-newsletters, Schoology learning management system, and e-mails. Information is also posted to school websites and can be obtained through requested hard copies.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Our students, staff and schools benefit greatly from the dedication and support of our parents/guardians. Fundraisers and enrichment opportunities are held throughout the year at each school to enhance student learning. To learn more about getting connected with the PTO or other volunteer opportunities inside and outside of the classroom, please contact the main office of your student’s school.