Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) is a program that allows 10th,11th, and 12th grade students to earn both high school and college credit while still in high school, through enrollment in and successful completion of college-level courses at eligible participating postsecondary institutions. Most PSEO courses are offered on the campus of the postsecondary institution; some courses are offered online. Each participating college or university sets its own requirements for enrollment into the PSEO courses. 11th and 12th-grade students may take PSEO courses on a full- or part-time basis; 10th graders may take one career/technical PSEO course. If they earn at least a grade of C in that class, they may take additional PSEO courses. There is no charge to PSEO students for tuition, books or fees for items that are required to participate in a course.
Students are allowed to participate in any PSEO program from an accredited MN college or university. Popular choices by students include: University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Normandale Community College, and Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
Want to sign up for PSEO?
- In the spring, note your interest in participating in PSEO when filling out your 2023-24 course registration forms.
- Contact school counselor, Danielle Wold, to schedule a meeting to discuss your options for the next school year at email@example.com.
- Fill out all appropriate forms needed by your PSEO program of choice.
- Ensure you are staying on track for deadlines. It is the student’s responsibility to submit forms and communicate with relevant high school and college staff.
- In the summer, check on emails from PSEO program for any course registration and orientation information.
- In the fall, attend any orientation and/or meetings required by your PSEO program
- Inform Mrs. Wold of the classes you will be taking to ensure you are making appropriate progress towards graduation.
Things to Consider
- Neither Eden Prairie Online staff nor parents have access to student’s grades. It is the student’s responsibility to maintain passing grades and communicate with PSEO staff.
- Eden Prairie Online students are responsible for attending advisory/documenting attendance.
- Students need to notify Eden Prairie Online of intent to participate in PSEO programming by May 30, 2023. School counselor hours are limited during the summer, so students are encouraged to fill out all forms and ask questions before the end of the school year.