Please complete the "Senior Survey 2020" in Naviance. This is required before you receive your cap and gown and also where you will request your final transcript for your college. ALL colleges require a final transcript.
- GRADUATION / MATERIALS DROP OFF & PICK UP
- SENIOR CELEBRATION (FOLLOWING GRADUATION CEREMONY)
- PROM (SATURDAY, JULY 25)
- SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT (THURSDAY, MAY 14)
- SENIOR SIGN PARTY (FRIDAY, MAY 8)
GRADUATION: FRIDAY, JULY 31 AT 7:00 PM
- We will have a Graduation Ceremony on Friday, July 31 at 7:00 p.m. Our two-track planning of (1) a traditional ceremony and (2) an event in an environment where large gatherings of people are not possible. We have a lot yet to determine for the second track--it could be in-person or online, full-class or smaller-group, at Mariucci or EPHS. We will do all that we can to celebrate and honor the Class of 2020. To continue our input & decision-making process, we are asking seniors and parents/guardians to complete a survey. Our goal has always been to celebrate the Class of 2020 in ways that are as meaningful to them as possible, and this survey will help our leadership teams develop next steps. CLICK HERE FOR “GRADUATION 2020 MAY COMMUNITY SURVEY.”
- Students can share how they would like their name read at graduation. To do so, go to the Graduation folder in your 12th grade Schoology course. Please complete by May 29.
Cap & Gowns Pickup / Materials Drop Off / Yearbook
On June 4 & 5, seniors will be allowed to enter the building to return materials and pick up cap & gown and yearbooks. The number of students who are able to enter the building at one time will be limited to 100. Students should only come to school on these days if they need to.
Note: Students are requested to wear protective face coverings, and strict social distancing guidelines will be followed while on school grounds.
Note: If you have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, sore throat, etc.) or have been exposed to anyone with these symptoms, in the past 14 days, we ask that you contact the school to make alternate arrangements for safe pick-up / drop-off of materials.
Drop Off Items include:
- All textbooks and novels that have been checked out from the school.
- All technology checked out from the school such as MacBooks, chargers, hot spots, and calculators.
- District-provided technology must have all personalization (ie: stickers) removed and be accompanied by compatible accessories such as a charger.
- Students who return devices in non-working order will be assigned a fee.
- Musical instruments that belong to the school.
- Art supplies that belong to the school.
- Elevator keys checked out from the nurse’s office. Students will also pick-up any medications that are still being stored at school. They will be bagged and labeled at this drop-off table.
Below are schedules that families should follow, but you do not need permission to use a time different from what is assigned.
- Students park in the North lot and enter through the North Doors. There will be a limited number of students (100) allowed to enter the building at one time and social distancing guidelines will be enforced for students who are waiting to enter the building.
- Students will be directed to the Activity Center for textbook / Media Center returns. Student entrance to the Activity Center will be monitored. Media Center fines will be waived for all remaining overdue materials.
- Students will be directed to the small gym (using Activity Center doors by the dance studio) to return laptops. Student entrance to the Activity Center will be monitored and District Tech Staff will be available to support this process.
- Students will exit the small gym through the Media Center hallway doors and will be allowed to retrieve personal items from lockers - including PE and/or Music lockers - if needed. Social distancing guidelines will be expected in hallways at all times.
- Music students who need to return district instruments (seniors / students not playing next year) should return them to their music locker and relock their locker. Larger instruments (cellos, basses, tubas) and any concert attire should be dropped off in the Orchestra room.
- Art students may pick up projects in room 169 (some ceramics projects may not be available for pick up until fall)
- Sewing students may pick up projects in room 168
- Yearbooks will be distributed in the Main Gym. Student entrance to the Main Gym will be monitored and only students who ordered a yearbook will enter and exit through marked doors. A limited supply of yearbooks will also be sold for $85 cash or check made out to EPHS (check is strongly preferred; if using cash, please come with the exact amount, if possible).
- SENIORS will be directed to the PAC Atrium to pick up cap and gown. Prior to picking up their cap and gown, Seniors will pay a $25 graduation fee to cover costs associated with graduation. Payments received via Fee Pay.
- NHS graduation medallions will also be distributed to senior NHS members.
- Students will exit through PAC doorways into the North Parking Lot and will be expected to immediately leave the premises. Staff will be assigned to the parking lot areas to ensure social distancing guidelines are implemented and students exit campus immediately.
SENIOR PARTY INFORMATION
Plans are underway for a newly imagined Senior Party experience (formerly the all-night senior party) following the Class of 2020 graduation ceremony on July 31, 2020! To help us better plan for the number of students that can join the celebration, we are asking ALL graduating seniors to pre-register on the following link to indicate your interest in attending. Senior Party experience pre-registration link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EPSenior
PROM: SATURDAY, JULY 25 FROM 7:00-10:00 PM
Prom has been moved to July 25. Our Prom Committee is especially excited to host our first prom at US Bank Stadium this year! Tickets will be on sale in May. Cost: $75.00 per ticket. Cancellations due to COVID-19 or other school-related issues will be fully refunded.
SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT: THURSDAY, MAY 14 AT 7:00 PM
Eden Prairie High School hosts an annual Community Scholarship Awards Night. During this event, seniors are presented with local scholarships. Funds for the scholarships come from the Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools, local businesses, Eden Prairie Lion’s, Rotary, athletic organizations and generous families and individuals. These scholarships help students who are pursuing further education at two and four-year colleges, technical colleges and trade schools.
With school being closed, we have to find creative ways to celebrate our students accomplishments. This year, we will be holding a virtual Scholarship Awards Night on May 14. Subscribe to the Eden Prairie Schools YouTube Channel , and watch the video premier at 7 p.m. on the 14th.
If you or your student are being recognized during this event, you will receive a separate email invitation from Julie Johnson in the Counseling Office.
SENIOR SIGN PARTY: FRIDAY, MAY 8 FROM 4:00-6:00 PM
Our PTO & Boosters have partnered to have nearly 600 signs distributed to seniors! Display your sign on Friday, May 8, for a Class of 2020 Celebration! From 4-6 p.m., have your friends, family and neighbors drive or walk by and give you a honk or shout out…you might hang out by your sign with music playing and make it a fun way to celebrate you. When people are out and about in the community, they might give a honk or shout out to any senior sign they may pass, too, and share their Eagle pride! #EAGLESFLYON