Career Resource Center
Welcome to the Career Resource Center (CRC), your one-stop shop at EPHS for information regarding post-secondary opportunities and career planning.
Hours: Open on School Days from 7:30- 3:00 pm
Contact: Elizabeth McNamara (Elizabeth_McNamara@edenpr.org)
Non-profit colleges can set up visits using the Counselor Community website.
- College Planning/Application Procedure
- College Planning Timelines
- College Planning Resources
- College Search Websites
- College Entrance Exams
- College Athletics
SENIORS: 5 Steps to Apply to College
- Submit application/s directly to the college
- Visit the college website under ADMISSIONS and APPLY
2. In NAVIANCE STUDENT, enter colleges under “Colleges I’m Applying To” •
- Click ADD and REQUEST TRANSCRIPT •
- Click REQUEST INITIAL TRANSCRIPT
- Official transcripts will be sent electronically via NAVIANCE
3. Using the COMMON APP?
- Complete the FERPA waiver form in your Common App account
- In NAVIANCE STUDENT
- Click “Colleges I’m Applying To”
- Enter your Common App email address
- Complete the email MATCH
4. If your college requires a letter of recommendation, complete the LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION form and give to your recommender/s and complete your request in NAVIANCE STUDENT. ALLOW TWO WEEKS if your college requires a letter of recommendation!
5. Send your OFFICIAL ACT, SAT, and AP scores to each college:
- ACT – ACT Student
- SAT and AP – College Board
Your one stop shop to learn about yourself and find your right fit college. Career Interests, strengths, intelligence and learning styles. College, Scholarship, and Enrichment Search, resume builder and goal setter, course planner and more. It also has two very good college search functions that can be used to create a college list in Naviance. We strongly recommend that students create that list as it will ensure that they are notified via email when colleges on their list visit Eden Prairie High School.
A List of Great College and Career Readiness Websites we keep working on
click on link here: College and Career Readiness Websites.
Big Future has a college search and scholarship search tool to help with the college admissions process and more
A large college forum. Hear from students, deans and get help on test prep, Financial Aid, Admissions, Essays, Majors and more
College Navigator is an interactive website that allows you to explore and compare features of different institutions
This site has a criteria-based college search feature, college “grades” by current students and actual current student reviews
Smart choices on where students are accepted and rankings
Searches and cool lists to find unique things from a college
Colleges by Research Universities, Regional Universities, and Colleges
Colleges that Change Lives (CTCL)
CTCL is an advocate for quality liberal arts education
Linkedin for Students
Minnesota Office of Higher Education
From preparing to choosing and financing your education, this state website can be useful
National Association for College Admission Counseling – Students & Parents
The ACT tests reading, grammar and usage, science reasoning, and math (Arithmetic, Geometry, Algebra 1 and 2, and limited Trigonometry). It also has an optional writing section.
The SAT tests reading, vocabulary, grammar and usage, writing (including an essay) and math (Arithmetic, Geometry, Algebra 1 and 2)
SAT SUBJECT TESTS
SAT II Subject Tests are offered to assess a student's mastery of a particular subject area. They are used as additional criteria by particularly selective colleges or to gain admittance into majors that require a specific background or skill set
ACT vs. SAT
Most colleges will accept either the ACT or the SAT. They are different tests and some students will do better on one or the other. Take a look at this COMPARISON CHART to learn the differences between the tests.
The TOEFL tests the ability of nonnative speakers of English to understand and use North American English.
- Air Force: 952-882-4906
- Navy: 952-933-1777
- Army: 952-935-3000
- Army Reserve: 952-935-3000
- Marines: 952-881-6911
- Air National Guard: 612-713-1000
- Army National Guard: 952-832-6985 or 1-800-go-guard
- Army: 612-626-1584 or 612-624-7300
- Marines: 612-725-3198
- Air Force: 651-962-6330
- Navy: 612-725-0414 ext. 253 or 1-800-usa-navy
Air Force Academy
Colorado Springs, CO
Admissions Office: 410-293-4361
Coast Guard Academy
New London, CT
Academy Hot Line: 1-800-883-8724
West Point, NY
Admissions Office: 845-938-4011