Parents and students of the class of 2021:
As this school year draws to a close, the Eagle yearbook staff is already making plans for next year. The following information regarding submission of senior portraits is very important.
The deadline for submitting senior pictures is Monday, November 2, 2020. Portraits received after this date may not be published in the yearbook. Photos will need to be uploaded to the website images.jostens.com. We do not accept hard copy photos or photos submitted via email or disc.
Please plan ahead; pictures should be taken by early September to give your photographer time to prepare your photo for the yearbook. Students may choose their own photographer to shoot their senior portrait for the yearbook. Please inform your photographer of the following criteria:
Upload ONE full color digital photo; we will not accept black and white photos.
JPEG format is required. No TIFF or PNG files are allowed.
Photo quality needs to be 300 DPI or higher for actual size of photo. In other words, we need a high resolution photo for printing purposes. Minimum ratio needs to be 2 ½ inches by 3 ½ inches.
Portraits should be vertical head-and-shoulder shots; we will not accept horizontal or full body photos. See photo at left for example.
No props, hats, or hands by the face in photos. No borders or special effects. No text.
Simple, neutral backgrounds look best in the yearbook.
We realize that the more formal, head-and-shoulders shot may not be your favorite pose or the one you choose to exchange with friends, but these guidelines will ensure consistency in the yearbook.
Process for uploading senior photo:
Go to the website images.jostens.com OR follow the “senior portrait upload” link posted on the high school web page.
Login using the following information: User ID 415463777
Choose the photo to be uploaded. Remember, each student may only submit ONE photo.
Provide parent or photographer contact information. (Person uploading the photo should enter his/her information.)*
Provide IMAGE information: type the student’s first and last name as you would like it to appear in the yearbook. Please spell and capitalize correctly!
Select grade 12 from the dropdown menu.
In the description field type: senior portrait.
Click the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
Click on “upload chosen images” in blue box to complete the process.
You will see a confirmation page and should receive a confirmation email shortly after your submission.
* We recommend that parents/seniors upload your photo yourself (rather than having your photographer do it) so that you can be sure the correct photo is submitted and your name is spelled correctly.
All seniors are required to have your photograph taken by Lifetouch for the purpose of an up-to-date student ID. School photo days are tentatively scheduled at EPHS on August 17 from 12:00-6:00pm and August 18 from 8:00am-1:00pm; we will follow the latest guidance from the CDC and demonstrate flexibility as our environment changes. If you do not submit your own senior photo or if your uploaded photo does not meet the above criteria, we will use your Lifetouch photo instead.
If you do not submit a photo or have your photo taken by Lifetouch, you will NOT be included in your senior yearbook.
Kristen Saxhaug, Yearbook Adviser
- Location: Publications Room (208)
- Fees: None
- Grades: 9-12
- Description: Staff is responsible for the photos, writing, designing, publication and sale of yearbook
- Requirements/Expectations: Year-long commitment; strong writing skills, desktop publishing, photography and ability to meet deadlines a must
- Season: School year
- Times/Dates: After school; first block
- Registration/Tryouts: Applications available during registration in the English Resource Center
- Awards/Recognition: Publications awards and letters
- New Student Information: Through announcements and guidance office
- Advisor Contact: Kristen Saxhaug; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Publications Room (253)
- Fees: None
- Grades: 9-12
- Description: A forum for student expression about issues regarding student life
- Requirements/Expectations: Ability to write well, proofread, accept responsibility, meet deadlines, carry out commitments; team spirit
- Season: School year
- Times/Dates: Third period
- Registration/Tryouts: Recommendation of an English teacher; submit a writing sample and completed application to obtain approval of newspaper adviser previous to registration; application available in the English Resource Center in late-December; applications and recommendations are required one week before standard registrations are due.
- Awards/Recognition: Participation awards, lettering for two-year staff, potential state/national awards
- Advisor Contact: Jodie Flolid; email@example.com
- Location: Room 253
- Description: A student-produced literary magazine. Showcase for creative student work; may include photography, poetry, song lyrics, very short stories, computer graphics, etc.
- Requirements/Expectations: Meet deadlines, learn software, show creativity
- Season: School Year
- Registration/Tryouts: Application process with Eyrie Newspaper
- Advisor Contact: Jodie Flolid; Jflolid@edenpr.org