EPHS ADVISES STUDENTS SEEKING ASSISTANCE IN A COURSE TO TRY ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:
- Contact with their teacher, either in-person, by email or by phone call;
- Schedule Tuesday Flex Time & Thursday CORE time with their teacher;
- Investigate all resources on the course Schoology page (if it is maintained by their teacher);
- Ask their teacher for recommended online support videos and background websites (e.g., Khan Academy, Wikipedia);
- Compare class notes with another student in the course;
- Form a study group with other students in the course who will help each other be successful (and increase a sense of belonging in the course);
- Request help from a Trace Tutor (peer tutor) by filling out and submitting this google form;
- Find a free tutor through Hennepin County Tutoring;
- Talk to their EPHS Counselor to see if they are in the appropriate course;
- Find technology support as needed (Help Line: 952-975-7094; email@example.com); and/or,
- If money is not an issue, find a private tutor for the course (students should see their teacher for tutor recommendations).
Contact me if you have questions or edits regarding this list.
EPHS Gifted and Talented Coordinator