Experience Eden Lake
This means helping your learner grow and reach his or her full potential in a safe, nurturing environment. Academic opportunities are available for every Eden Lake student, at every stage of their development and level of school career. Together with our strong parent community, we lead our students to take ownership of their learning while exploring their interests and finding new passions.
- What makes us an excellent school?
- Be Safe. Be Responsible. Be Kind.
- Academic Success
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Parent Involvement
Eden Lake is a wonderful place for students, staff and families. What makes us an excellent school?
- Outstanding teachers: Our teachers are loved by our parent community with a 97% approval rating among parents district-wide.
- Relationships and connections matter!: Not only between staff members and students but among students as well. Relationships develop and flourish when children have opportunities to work together to solve problems, build projects, design solutions, and ponder possibilities. Connections become stronger when families are involved in the learning adventures. We strive to create an environment where deep relationships can be created between staff, students, families, and the community.
- Personalized Learning: At Eden Prairie Schools, we believe each learner has unique talents and gifts. Through personalized learning, teachers spark curiosity and work to understand, care and nurture student strengths, while students are encouraged to take ownership of their learning and explore their interests and passions.
- 4Cs: Our teaching practices emphasize the 4Cs: creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication. These are the skills essential for both career and citizenship.
- Mindfulness: Students engage in calming strategies throughout the day to help reduce stress, improve attention and promote overall student wellness.
- Gifted programming: We offer the KEY program for students in grades 2-6, as well as the MOSAIC program for grades 3-6. These programs provide challenging curriculum at an accelerated pace while meeting the unique academic and social/emotional needs of highly gifted learners in a supportive educational environment.
- Orchestra, choir and band: Students engage in musical education each week. Eden Prairie Schools is one of the few districts to offer orchestra at the elementary level.
The Core Values of our Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) system focus on three character pillars – Be Safe, Be Responsible and Be Kind. All students work together with their classroom teachers and staff to embed these traits into our everyday learning at Eden Lake Elementary School. The PBIS Program and the Responsive Classroom Program work hand in hand to develop our students into outstanding community members.
Eden Lake and the PTO work collaboratively to enhance the educational environment for the students. PTO sponsored fundraisers include the fall carnival, Barnes and Noble event, Project Unify/Polar Plunge, Dining Out Nights, and Family Fun Night. The money raised goes right back into our school and benefits our students in the form of grade level experiences, field trips, and materials to enrich learning for all! Parent coffees and Lunch and Learn gatherings are held several times throughout the year for parents/guardians to build community by connecting with other families and staff members, discuss relevant topics, learn about our successes, and dive into possibilities.