Students and Families: As we prepare for distance learning, the document below is set-up as “frequently asked questions” to provide you general guidance through the next couple of weeks. Students will receive further guidance from their individual teachers. We will continue to update this document as new information emerges so please check back frequently to remain updated. Our primary focus during this time is your self-care, as we know that maintaining your physical and emotional health will create a strong foundation for learning in this new environment. Know that each staff member at Eden Lake is working hard to ensure each student experiences a caring and supportive bridge to distance learning.
- What is distance learning?
- When will K-12 licensed staff be available?
- When will teachers have lessons posted by?
- How do I access Schoology, See Saw, or other tools students are expected to use?
- Will attendance be taken for a distance learning day?
- What about Specials? Will my child still receive learning experiences for Art, Music, PE and Spanish?
- What is the deadline for work completed on a Distance Learning Day?
- Is there a schedule families should use to promote Distance Learning?
- How can I get my child help with a distance learning assignment?
- When will teachers connect with students about Distance Learning expectations?
- What if a teacher is unable to participate in the Distance Learning Day (sickness, bereavement, etc)?
- What are the considerations for students receiving Special Education, ESL, or Title I services?
- When can students expect a response from teachers via email or Schoology?