Experience Eagle Heights
Language is at the heart of the human experience
Learning other languages and understanding the culture of the people who speak them is a 21st century skill that is vital to success in the global environment in which we live. Our school combines the excellence of an academically award-winning school district with the opportunity to learn in Spanish beginning in kindergarten. Together with our strong parent community, we lead our students to take ownership of their learning while exploring their interests and finding new passions in a diverse learning environment.
- What makes us an excellent school?
- Seguro. Amable. Responsable.
- Academic Success
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Parent Involvement
- International Intern Program
- Outstanding teachers: Our teachers are loved by our parent community with a 97% approval rating among parents district-wide.
- Personalized Learning: At Eden Prairie Schools, we believe each learner has unique talents and gifts. Through personalized learning, teachers work to understand, care and nurture student strengths, while students are encouraged to take ownership of their learning and explore their interests and passions.
- 4Cs: Our teaching practices emphasize the 4Cs: creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication. These are the skills essential for both career and citizenship.
- Mindfulness: Students engage in calming strategies throughout the day to help reduce stress, improve attention and promote overall student wellness.
- Gifted Programming: We offer the KEY program for students in second through sixth grade. KEY students engage in activities utilizing problem solving, higher level thinking skills and advanced topics.
- Orchestra, choir and band: Students engage in musical education each week. Eden Prairie Schools is one of the few districts to offer orchestra at the elementary level.
- Bilingual & biliterate: Beginning in 3rd grade, students experience a dual literacy program with language arts instruction in both English and Spanish. By middle school, our students can read, write and speak both languages, resulting in well-educated students who are not only bilingual but also biliterate.
- Transitioning to middle school: As students progress to middle and high school, our district offers multiple courses and opportunities to continue to grow their Spanish education experience.
The Core Values of our Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports system (PBIS) focus on three character pillars – meaning “Safe. Kind. Responsible.” All students work together with their classroom teachers and staff to embed these traits into our everyday learning at Eagle Heights. The PBIS Program and the Responsive Classroom Program work hand in hand to develop our students into outstanding community members.
Eagle Heights and the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) work collaboratively to enhance the educational environment for the students. The PTO sponsors events throughout the year to provide enrichment opportunities in the 4Cs (communication, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking) for all students. In addition, the PTO supports our STEM Education Night, Maratón de Lectura (Read-a-thon), and various classroom activities throughout the year. We encourage our families to be involved in the Eagle Heights Community.
All of our students benefit from this special program, which supports as many as 16 full-year interns who interact with immersion students. The teaching interns are all from Spanish-speaking countries and volunteer to share their language and culture with students while assisting in the classroom. The program is supported by the Spanish Education Fund (SEF), a parent-led non-profit that works in parallel to the PTO.