Contact the Art Specialists:
- Alexa Bitzer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Madeline Haut can be reached at email@example.com.
The beginning band program consists of a lesson program and concert band experience for 5th grade students in their first year of playing a band instrument. Now is the best time for students to start learning an instrument as there is no beginning band program at CMS or EPHS. Students will get to select their instrument, learn basic music fundamentals, and perform at three concerts during the year.
Flute - Oboe - Clarinet - Alto Saxophone - Trumpet - French Horn - Trombone - Baritone - Tuba - Percussion
- Each student will receive a 22 minute small group lesson and a 45 minute large group rehearsal once per week during the school day. Students will rotate through a lesson schedule so they will not miss the same class every week. Small group lessons will begin in October. Large group band rehearsals begin at the end of November.
- There is a cost incurred by each student’s family to obtain an instrument. This is explained in more detail in the Instrumental Music Handbook. Most importantly, no student will be denied the opportunity to participate in the Eden Prairie instrumental music program due to financial constraints. Scholarships are available.
- Fifth graders will be attending a short instrument demonstration concert in September where they will get to see and hear all of the different instruments. Students will come home with an Instrumental Music Handbook describing the registration process. ALL students must return the registration form (the last page of the Instrumental Music Handbook) by the date specified. They will then be scheduled for a 10 minute instrument interview to try out their instruments which will be scheduled toward the end of September.
Questions? Please contact Allie Jensen at (952) 975-9722 or Allison_Jensen@edenpr.org.
Contact the Music Specialists:
- Maya Perron can be reached at Maya_Perron@edenpr.org
- Anna Lapshina can be reached at Anna_Lapshina@edenpr.org
The beginning orchestra program consists of a lesson program and large ensemble experience. Students have the option to participate in orchestra in 5th grade at our elementary schools. Now is the best time for students to start learning an instrument as there is no beginning orchestra program at CMS. In the Elementary Beginning Orchestra, students will develop correct playing posture, will learn the fundamentals of playing music, and how to read music. Elementary orchestra provides students with a solid musical foundation to enter higher level orchestra offerings at Central Middle School and Eden Prairie High School. Instruction is offered on the following instruments: Violin – Viola – Cello - Bass Students in orchestra will participate in a 22-minute group lesson (5-7 students) once a week during the school day. Students will rotate through a lesson schedule so they will not miss the same class every week. In addition, students will participate in a 45-minute large group ensemble once a week during the school day beginning in November. Students will participate in 3-4 concerts during the school year.
For additional information contact EHSI Orchestra Teacher Darrin Stohlberg at Lara_Maclean@edenpr.org.
Contact the English Specialists:
- Jeanne Fimmen can be reached at Jeanne_Fimmen@edenpr.org or 952-975-4110.
- Erik Nelson can be reached at Erik_Nelson@edenpr.org .
World Language Spanish
Contact the World Language-Spanish specialists:
- Monica Nichols can be reached at Monica_Nichols@edenpr.k12.mn.us or 952-975-2739.
- Rachel Jordan can be reached at Rachel_Jordan@edenpr.k12.mn.us.