Diaper Drive October 1 - 31, 2017Thank you to everyone who helped make this year's Diaper Drive a success! Our community generously donated 13,187 diapers and 6,026 wipes for families in need in our community.Did you know that a third of Minnesota babies and toddlers don’t have enough clean diapers? Parents in our state are facing the tragic choice between purchasing enough food for their family, or keeping their little ones clean and healthy.
Throughout the month of October, Eden Prairie Schools Community Education and the Early Childhood Advisory Council are hosting a diaper drive to collect diapers in partnership with the Diaper Bank of Minnesota/Help Us Grow. This drive is part of a larger metro-wide collection with the goal of 50,000 diapers. All diapers collected through the Eden Prairie drive will be donated to PROP (People Reaching Out to People) for local families in need. The drive kicks off on October 1st and runs through the 31st.
There are several local organizations partnering with the diaper collection. Community members are welcome to drop off donated items at any of the following locations:
Eden Prairie Schools Education Center, 8040 Mitchell Rd.
Eden Prairie Schools Lower Campus, 8100 School Rd.
City of Eden Prairie Community Center, 16700 Valley View Road
Eden Prairie Library, 565 Prairie Center Dr
Southlake Pediatrics, 800 Prairie Center Dr #120
Kinderberry Hill, 10160 Hennepin Town Rd
Kindercare, 12760 Anderson Lakes Pkwy
Kindercare, 8825 Aztec Dr
Especially For Children, 6223 Dell Rd
What is Accepted?
- New packages of diapers
- Opened packages of diapers (Did your child outgrow a size so you no longer need them?)
- New packages of wipes
Did You Know?
- 5.3 million children in the U.S. aged three or younger live in poor or low-income families.
- 1 in 3 American families reports experiencing diaper need.
- Diapers cannot be obtained with food stamps.
- Disposable diapers cost $70 to $80 per month per baby.
- No state or federal child safety-net program allocates dollars specifically for the purchase of diapers.
- Infants require up to 12 diapers per day, toddlers about 8.