Ballot Question #1The district will ask residents to renew its existing operating levy and increase the amount by $700 per pupil for the next 10 years.
If Question #1 is approved:
- Net tax impact of $8/month on a median valued home*.
- Prevents $10 million in cuts next year.
- Stabilizes the district’s finances for at least the next five years.
Ballot Question #2Builds on Question #1 with a proposal to increase the district’s operating levy by an additional $150 per pupil for the next ten years. For Question #2 to pass, Question #1 must also be approved.
If Question #1 and #2 are approved:
- Net tax impact of $13 per month (Question #1=$8/month, Question #2=$5/month) on a median valued home*.
- Prevents $10 million in cuts next year and stabilizes the district’s finances for at least the next five years.
- AND, will make needed investments in students including:
- Improve reading levels for the youngest learners by lowering class sizes in kindergarten and grade 1. (See Question#2: Educational Investments.)
- Better prepare students for a 21st century workforce through personalized learning in grades 2-12. (See Question#2: Educational Investments.)
- Maximize benefits of 1:1 technology supported by approval of last year’s technology levy.
*Estimated tax impact for a median valued home of $325,000.