CouncilsCOMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT IMPACT COUNCIL (CEIC)Are you or your organization interested in collaborating with Eden Prairie social service providers and nonprofits to create a stronger community? Join us as we learn from one another, explore the needs and gaps in services in Eden Prairie, and discuss how we can leverage resources and develop collective solutions. The group is composed of a cross-section of the community representing parents, local nonprofits, Eden Prairie Schools, government entities, churches, and other individuals who are interested in creating a vibrant and responsive community.To help guide the direction of the CEIC and Community Education's Family Resources Program, a community-wide needs and gaps assessment was conducted in 2017. You can read more about the areas we are working to address in this report.
CEIC Vision Statement: A vibrant community where diversity is celebrated and all feel welcomed, respected, connected, and engaged.
CEIC Mission Statement: To work collaboratively to build upon our community strengths, to foster connectedness and access to resources, and to address community needs and gaps in services.Join Us!If you would like to participate or receive information about the CEIC, please complete this form. Meetings occur every other month and last approximately an hour and a half. Locations rotate. For more information, contact Dr. Shawn Hoffman-Bram, Director of Community Educational Services at: SHoffmanBram@edenpr.org.Future Meetings of the CEIC:
- March 15, 2018, 4:00 - 5:30 pm at Grace Church
- May 17, 2018, 4:00 - 5:30 pm at Wooddale Church
- July 19, 2018, 4:00 - 5:30 pm
- September 20, 2018, 4:00 - 5:30 pm
- November 15, 2018, 4:00 - 5:30 pm
EARLY CHILDHOOD ADVISORY COUNCILWhat is the Early Childhood Advisory Council? As a group of interested parents, we seek to be informed and to inform decisions that affect Eden Prairie’s Early Childhood Programs. This year’s once monthly meetings will focus on topics such as:
Council members may also volunteer to participate on any of our ongoing working committees:
- Technology use in Eden Prairie’s Early Childhood classrooms
- Legislative dialogue with one of our state Legislators
- Preschool and ECFE program offerings for 2016-2017 school year
- District Superintendent conversation about Early Childhood initiatives
- Community Outreach
Childcare during meetings is provided for children ages 0-5 with one week’s advance RSVP. If you have any questions or are interested in joining the Advisory Council, please contact Gretchen Meek.
- Tuesday, September 20, 2016, from 5:30- 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016, from 5:30 -7 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016, from 5:30 - 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.