District Technology MissionTechnology empowers the district in its mission to educate for success in our diverse and changing world.
District Technology Integration VisionThe vision of Eden Prairie Schools Technology Department is to:
- Provide a support structure for staff.
- Provide and maintain an infrastructure that allows students and staff to use the district provided technology in an efficient manner.
- Provide technology hardware, software and communication tools to meet the needs of staff and students.
- Provide professional development structure for staff.
- Provide a structure and resources for teaching and learning.
- Provide a structure and resources for classrooms.
- Balance district technology needs with budgetary constraint
Staff is prepared to meet the new challenges. With dozens of world languages being spoken in the homes of Eden Prairie students, staff is prepared to differentiate content, process and products to meet ever-changing needs... and technology is the perfect tool. To use this tool effectively, teachers are highly trained in both content and pedagogy. Emerging research on brain compatible learning finds that using technology is no longer equated with the teaching of skills but rather integrating it as a tool to solve high-level problems, facing both students and staff. Professional development for staff is robust, ongoing, when and where staff needs it, and there are the time and resources to do it right. Innovation in teaching practice is both encouraged and rewarded. Administrators lead the way in technology by modeling its use with staff and community. They set high expectations for all, including themselves.
The community is a vital partner in the education of our students. They are linked to the education process creating a global community providing benefits to the school and receiving access and opportunities in exchange. They are engaged in the visioning process and fully support the goals and vision of Eden Prairie Schools and its technology vision.View additional information on the Eden Prairie Schools' i-Learn@EP initiative.
"The USAC Schools and Libraries Program require a specific three year plan for funding. View a copy of the required plan."