Chess Club (Grade Level: Grades 9-12)
- Location: Varies; meetings in Activity Class Room; competitions throughout Twin Cities
- Fees: $35 (additional fees may be required for some weekend tournaments)
- Description: The chess club welcomes both serious, competitive players who want to compete in tournaments and events throughout the fall/winter months, as well as casual players who just want to play casual games for fun.
- Requirements/Expectations: Competitive players are expected to attend each weekly practice session and commit to a minimum number of competitive events.
- Season: Most competitive events, including the Minnesota High School Chess League, begin in January. Last required event is in April. Will likely start practices October 28th.
- Times/Dates: After school individual sessions (one/week) from 2:45 to 4:30 p.m.; chess league from 2:45 to 5:45 p.m. (including travel time), tournaments held on Saturdays and sometimes (but rarely) on Sundays. Some evening sessions at the high school may also be scheduled.
- Registration/Tryouts: Tryouts for Chess League take place for players who do not have a USCF rating. This takes the form of a tournament to be held on Wednesdays in November.
- Coach/ Advisor Contact: Tim Lee; Timlee19@gmail.com