Eagle Zone School Age Care
Academic Year 2019-2020 Registration NOW OPEN!
Eagle Zone is Eden Prairie Schools Community Education school-age care program, serving elementary aged children within the community of Eden Prairie. Eagle Zone offers a fun and safe environment that provides kids with engaging and exciting activities before and after school.
Families participating in Eagle Zone can expect:
- A choice-based program where students will have the flexibility to choose an activity that interests them throughout the program time. On a daily basis, Eagle Zone will incorporate outdoor and gym time; quiet activities such as a reading corner, drawing station or a dramatic play area; and coordinated activities including arts and crafts projects, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) experiments, cooking and other hands-on activities.
- Qualified, trained staff who have a passion for working with youth.
- A snack will be provided every afternoon for students. Parents are also welcome to send a snack or breakfast with their child if they choose.
- Fees include all activities, supplies, field trips and snacks. Additional fees will only be charged for late payments, late pickups or additional t-shirts requested.
- Non-school day and summer programming is also offered to families looking for a fun and engaging program for their children.
Eden Prairie Schools Community Education is happy to answer your questions about Eagle Zone. You can email us at Eagle_Zone@edenpr.org or call us at 952-975-6940. Visit the Eagle Zone website for more information at www.edenpr.org/eaglezone.
- Before and After School Program Overview
- Non School Days
- Summer Program
- Eagle Zone FAQ
- Eagle Zone Handbook
- Contact Us
Eagle Zone offers various activities during the before and after school program and participants have the choice of which activities they would like to take part in. Some examples of the activities are included below.
- Outdoor Activities and Gym Time
- Quiet Enrichment Activities (Reading Corner, Drawing Station, Dramatic Play Area, etc.)
- Coordinated Activities (Arts & Crafts Projects, STEM Experiments, Cooking Activities, etc.)
- Social Interaction/Social Skill Building Activities
- Creative Thinking Activities (Building with Manipulatives and Giant Blocks)
- Homework Station
- Theme-Based Days and Weeks
- Special Event Activities (Scavenger Hunts, Water-Balloon Toss Contest, Bingo, etc.)
- Service-Learning Activities
- Leadership Games
Meals and Snacks
Breakfast is available from the school’s food service program every day school is in session. Students participating will use their school lunch account to purchase breakfast. Students are encouraged to bring healthy snacks from home before school. Eagle Zone will provide an afternoon snack.
Enrollment In Eagle Zone
Families will be required to sign-up for Eagle Zone through Eleyo, the online database used by Eden Prairie Community Education. Eleyo allows for quicker and more accurate information gathering, which leads to high quality youth programming.
Required Forms & Payment
When enrolling in Eagle Zone, the following must be received from each family:
- Eagle Zone Contract (submitted online at the end of the registration process)
- $50/Child Non-Refundable Registration Fee
Eagle Zone welcomes individuals of all abilities. The program will provide reasonable accommodations if needed, to make physical and social integration successful. Your start date may be dependent on the implementation of these accommodations. As necessary, Eagle Zone will be able to provide additional staffing to ensure successful accommodation.
Season Rates & Fee Assistance
2018-2019 Session Fees
Before School: $11.75/session
After School: $11.75/session
2019-2020 Session Fees
Before School: $12.75/session
After School: $12.75/session
Eagle Zone works with Hennepin County Childcare Assistance to provide financial support to qualified families. During registration, families can select to receive more information regarding County Childcare Assistance, and a staff member will reach out to provide further information.
Eagle Zone Non-School Days
Program Hours: 6:15 am - 6:00 pm
2018-2019 Locations, Where to Register
For all of the remaining dates that are open for registration there are two sites available for registration. Please check out the Non-School Day Registration Guide to identify where you should register your child.
2018-2019 Non-School Days Registration Fees
- Standard Rate: $41.00/child, per day (outside of ten business days prior to the program day)
- Drop-in Rate: $51.00/child, per day (within ten business days prior to the program day)
*Registration closes online 3 days prior to the day you are looking to enroll a child.
Items to Bring to Non-School Days
Program participants are asked to bring various items to Non-School Days:
- Lunch & Beverage
- Morning & Afternoon Snack
- A morning and afternoon snack will be provided by Eagle Zone, but children wishing to have an additional morning/afternoon snack should bring one with them.
- Swimsuit & Towel
- On Field Trip days that include swimming
- Appropriate Clothing for Outdoor Play
- Children should ALWAYS have appropriate clothing for outdoor play
- Appropriate Clothing for Arts & Crafts
- Children should ALWAYS have appropriate clothing for arts & crafts projects
- Children should ALWAYS have appropriate clothing for arts & crafts projects
Costs of activities and field trips are included in the registration fee. Transportation will be provided by the Eden Prairie Schools Transportation Department, or a designated charter company, according to school district policy. Eagle Zone t-shirts must be worn for field trip days. Students will be provided one t-shirt as a part of their registration. Additional t-shirts can be purchased on-site.
What are the Eagle Zone hours?
Monday-Friday, Eagle Zone begins at 6:15am. The morning session leads up to the start of school at each given site. The afternoon session starts at the end of the school day for each site, and goes until 6:00pm.
When is the registration window?
Registration for each school year begins the March prior to the season of care. For example, registration opens in March of 2018 for care during the 2018-19 academic year.
How do I register?
Families can register through the online system widely used by Community Education departments in the metro area. We will send information home in backpacks and via email with further details about how to register through Community Education registration system leading up to the registration window.
How are staff trained?
Eagle Zone staff are educated, qualified individuals who have a passion for working with children. Staff are certified in first aid and are CPR. All Eagle Zone staff attend regular professional development opportunities to ensure they remain educated professionals.
How much will Eagle Zone cost?
The 2018-2019 rates will be $11.75 per morning or afternoon session. We will also work with Hennepin County Childcare Assistance to provide financial support to qualified families. Non-school day and summer rates will also remain similar to the YMCA and other neighboring communities.
Before & After School, 2018-2019 Registration Fees
1 Session: $11.75
2 Sessions: $23.50
3 Sessions: $35.25
4 Sessions: $47.00
5 Sessions: $58.75
6 Sessions: $70.50
7 Sessions: $82.25
8 Sessions: $94.00
9 Sessions: $105.75
10 Sessions: $117.50
What if my child has special needs?
Eden Prairie Schools Community Education welcomes individuals of all abilities. The program will provide reasonable accommodations when needed to make physical and social integration successful. Your start date may be dependent on the implementation of these accommodations. Eagle Zone will provide additional staffing to ensure successful accommodation as necessary.
Where will Eagle Zone be hosted?
Eagle Zone is based out of your school’s cafeteria and utilizes space throughout the elementary school, including the gym, playground, art room and classrooms.
What about field trips?
Eagle Zone will take your child on amazing field trips throughout the metro area on non-school days and throughout the summer. The trips are a great opportunity to go on new adventures and learn something new!
What type of schedule do I need to commit to?
During the school year, you will need to sign up for at least one consistent morning or afternoon per week. You can add drop-in days as needed or you can submit a permanent schedule change if it will be a long-term adjustment. We will ask families to provide us with a two week notice of their schedule changes in order to assure that we remain in compliance of our staff to student ratios.
Will meals and snacks be provided?
Breakfast is available from the school’s child nutrition program every day school is in session. Children participating will use their school lunch account to purchase breakfast. Children are encouraged to bring healthy snacks before school. Eagle Zone will provide an afternoon snack. Children must bring a morning snack, bag lunch and beverage on all non-school days, unless otherwise noted.
What will the calendar look like?
Eagle Zone will follow the Eden Prairie Schools calendar. We will offer a non-school day opportunity for many of days school is not in session. Final dates of the program will be decided prior to registration opening in March.
Who do I contact for more information?
Eden Prairie Schools Community Education is happy to answer your questions about Eagle Zone. You can email us at email@example.com or call us at 952-975-6940. Visit the Eagle Zone website for more information at www.edenpr.org/eaglezone.
Cedar Ridge Contact Information
Office Phone: 952-975-7809
Morgan Luhman (firstname.lastname@example.org), 952-975-7809
Desiree Murray (email@example.com), 952-975-7809
Site Cell Phone: 612-391-9400
Site Email: CR_EagleZone@edenpr.org
Eden Lake Contact Information
Office Phone: 952-975-8404
Juan Quinonez (firstname.lastname@example.org), 952-975-8404
Libby Tikalsky (email@example.com), 952-975-8404
Site Cell Phone: 612-391-9402
Site Email: EL_EagleZone@edenpr.org
Forest Hills Contact Information
Office Phone: 952-975-8607
McKayla Boelter (firstname.lastname@example.org), 952-975-8607
Jenna Goetze (email@example.com), 952-975-8607
Site Cell Phone: 612-391-9354
Site Email: FH_EagleZone@edenpr.org
Prairie View Contact Information
Office Phone: 952-975-6996
Krista Konopa (firstname.lastname@example.org), 952-975-6996
Kalli Larrabee (email@example.com), 952-975-6996
Site Cell Phone: 612-391-9404
Site Email: PV_EagleZone@edenpr.org
Oak Point/Eagle Heights Contact Information
Office Phone: 952-975-7641
Becky Stevenson (firstname.lastname@example.org), 952-975-7641
Teddy Ratemo (email@example.com), 952-975-7641
Melanie Ralston (firstname.lastname@example.org), 952-975-7641
Site Cell Phone: 612-391-9403
Site Email: OPEH_EagleZone@edenpr.org
Billing Contact Information
Office Professional, Billing
Office Phone: 952-975-6953
Join Our Team
Eagle Zone is looking to hire energetic, caring and passionate people who are excited to help create a meaningful and engaging environment for youth in Eden Prairie. Eagle Zone will foster a sense of belonging for K-6 students while encouraging them to explore their interests and strengths. The Eagle Zone staff will play an important role in creating a positive educational experience for all who are involved with the program.
For more information on open positions with Eagle Zone, check out the Community Education Job Openings Page.