Eagle Zone School Age Care
19/20 Academic Year & 2020 Summer Program Registration is OPEN!
Eagle Zone is Eden Prairie Schools Community Education school-age care program, serving elementary aged children within the community of Eden Prairie. Eagle Zone offers a fun and safe environment that provides kids with engaging and exciting activities before and after school.
Families participating in Eagle Zone can expect:
- A choice-based program where students will have the flexibility to choose an activity that interests them throughout the program time. On a daily basis, Eagle Zone will incorporate outdoor and gym time; quiet activities such as a reading corner, drawing station or a dramatic play area; and coordinated activities including arts and crafts projects, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) experiments, cooking and other hands-on activities.
- Qualified, trained staff who have a passion for working with youth.
- A snack will be provided every afternoon for students. Parents are also welcome to send a snack or breakfast with their child if they choose.
- Fees include all activities, supplies, field trips and snacks. Additional fees will only be charged for late payments, late pickups or additional t-shirts requested.
- Non-school day and summer programming is also offered to families looking for a fun and engaging program for their children.
Eden Prairie Schools Community Education is happy to answer your questions about Eagle Zone. You can email us at Eagle_Zone@edenpr.org or call us at 952-975-6940. Visit the Eagle Zone website for more information at www.edenpr.org/eaglezone.
Before & After School Program
Academic Year 2020/21 Registration Opens March 9th, 2020!
Early Bird registration (registration fee waived) runs through May 31st, 2020.
Eagle Zone offers various activities during the before and after school program and participants have the choice of which activities they would like to take part in. Some examples of the activities are included below.
- Outdoor Activities and Gym Time
- Quiet Enrichment Activities (Reading Corner, Drawing Station, Dramatic Play Area, etc.)
- Coordinated Activities (Arts & Crafts Projects, STEM Experiments, Cooking Activities, etc.)
- Social Interaction/Social Skill Building Activities
- Creative & Critical Thinking Activities
- Homework Station
- Theme-Based Days and Weeks
- Special Event Activities (Scavenger Hunts, Water-Balloon Toss Contest, Bingo, etc.)
- Service-Learning Activities
- Leadership Games
Meals and Snacks
Breakfast is available from the school’s food service program every day school is in session. Students participating will use their school lunch account to purchase breakfast. Students are encouraged to bring healthy snacks from home before school. Eagle Zone will provide an afternoon snack.
Enrollment In Eagle Zone
Families will be required to sign-up for Eagle Zone through our online registration platform. This allows for quicker and more accurate information gathering, which leads to high quality youth programming.
Required Forms & Payment
When enrolling in Eagle Zone, the following must be received from each family:
- Eagle Zone Contract (submitted online as the registration form)
- $50/Child Non-Refundable Registration Fee
Eagle Zone welcomes individuals of all abilities. The program will provide reasonable accommodations if needed, to make physical and social integration successful. Your start date may be dependent on the implementation of these accommodations. As necessary, Eagle Zone will be able to provide additional staffing to ensure successful accommodation.
Season Rates & Fee Assistance
2019-2020 Session Fees
Before School: $12.75/session
After School: $12.75/session
Eagle Zone works with Hennepin County Childcare Assistance to provide financial support to qualified families. During registration, families can select to receive more information regarding County Childcare Assistance, and a staff member will reach out to provide further information.
Join Our Team
Eagle Zone is looking to hire energetic, caring and passionate people who are excited to help create a meaningful and engaging environment for youth in Eden Prairie. Eagle Zone will foster a sense of belonging for K-6 students while encouraging them to explore their interests and strengths. The Eagle Zone staff will play an important role in creating a positive educational experience for all who are involved with the program.
For more information on open positions with Eagle Zone, check out the Community Education Job Openings Page.
If you require financial assistance to participate in any of our programs, please check out the available resources at edenpr.org/FeeAssistance.