Early Childhood & Preschool
Early Childhood Education is a core component of Community Education where families with young children begin their relationship with Eden Prairie Schools. From the moment you learn there will be a new addition to your family, your hopes and dreams for your child begin to grow. Along with all the books you’ll read and the advice you’ll get, Eden Prairie Schools’ Early Childhood and Preschool programs are here to provide you with a sound foundation for your little one’s first years of growth. We have much to offer you and your family, including the following programs:
Our classrooms include many discovery opportunities and manipulatives that create learning experiences different than home. Your child will also benefit from time with their peer age group and learn social skills that prepares them for their future.
We look forward to sharing these early, special years with your growing family. Eden Prairie's Early Childhood and Preschool programs will give you opportunities for fun, development and support, and help you instill in your child a lifelong love of learning.
2023-24 Early Childhood Programming open for registration!
Why choose Eden Prairie Schools?
Eden Prairie Schools recognizes that every family has big dreams for their children. Choosing where to send your children to school is one of the most important decisions your family will make.
We also recognize that every child has unique needs. It is our goal to offer the best learning environment for your child. Academic and support program specialists collaborate with classroom teachers to deliver classroom instruction. This collaboration is designed to support each child who walks through our doors in reaching his/her full potential.
What Makes Our Program Great?
- We have highly trained staff who participate in continuous professional development training through the Eden Prairie School District.
- We integrate technology into the classroom. Teachers and students use SMART Boards and iPads, which have been proven to support learning.
- We use Creative Curriculum to deliver a curriculum rich in math, reading, science, and art geared for kindergarten success and aligned with the K-12 system.
- We personalize learning and provide nurturing support for your child.
- We are inclusive and specifically designed to bring together typically developing children and those with special needs to learn and grow together. Staffing patterns are determined by the individual needs of each classroom.
- We provide parent education and connection resources throughout the year.
- Kindergarten readiness information and Teaching Strategies GOLD assessment data is shared with EPS elementary schools to help ensure a smooth transition.
Inspired: Early Childhood and Little Eagles Preschool
If you require financial assistance to participate in any of our programs, please check out the available resources at edenpr.org/FeeAssistance.