Most facilities in the district including classrooms, commons, cafeterias, and gymnasiums are available for rental through Community Education. A few spaces at the high school (Prairie Dome, Activity Center, Performing Arts Center, auditorium, music area, gyms, fields, Aerie stadium, wrestling and weight rooms, locker rooms, and climbing wall) are scheduled through the Activities Office.
To request a space, you will first need to read the Regulations and Charges document. Then fill out the online Facilities Use Application at least 10 days prior to the first date you need to schedule a school facility. Rental fees are based on user group classifications. If the space is available and the use is cleared by school staff, a reservation will be made and a permit will be issued.
- Facility Locations
- Facility Specifications
- Group Classifications
- Facility Use Regulations
- Facility Use Evaluation
- Administrative Services Center (8100 School Road)
- Cedar Ridge Elementary (8905 Braxton Drive) (Use door #1)
- Central Middle School (8025 School Road) (Use door #1 on the west side)
- Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion/Oak Point Elementary (13400 Staring Lake Parkway) (Use lower level entrance, door #12)
- Eden Lake Elementary (12000 Anderson Lakes Parkway) (Use door #1)
- Eden Prairie High School (17185 Valley View Road) (Use door #1 off main lot)
- Education Center (8040 Mitchell Road)
- Forest Hills Elementary (13708 Holly Road) (Use Circle Dr entrance, door #2)
- Prairie View Elementary (17255 Peterborg Road) (Use door #15)
- Eden Prairie High School
- Central Middle School
- Cedar Ridge Elementary
- Eden Lake Elementary
- Forest Hills Elementary
- Oak Point Elementary/Eagle Heights Elementary
- Prairie View Elementary
Central Middle School
- Gym, auxiliary: wood floor, 39’ X 83’
- Gym, large (north & south): wood floor, 96.5’ X 117.5’, 10’ baskets do not adjust
- Bleachers: capacity 596 & 8 handicap
- Gym, west: wood floor, 67’ X 97’, 10’ baskets do not adjust
- Cafeteria, north: seating 248, tables with attached seats
- Cafeteria, south: seating 262, tables with attached seats
- Classrooms: seating 32
- Multi Purpose Room: tile floor, capacity 210
Eden Lake Elementary
- Gym, 3 sections: wood floor, 40’ X 60’ each, capacity 160 per section, side baskets adjust
- Cafeteria: seating 19 tables with 16 attached stools
- Staff Lounge: seating capacity 48
- Small Classroom adjacent to staff lounge: seating capacity 24
- Gym, 1 & 2: tile floor, 60’ X 80’, adjustable baskets
- Gym, 3: wood floor, 44’ X 70’, adjustable baskets
- Cafeteria: seating 18 tables with 16 attached stools
Groups wanting to use school facilities will be assessed a facility use charge, equipment charges, and/or staff charges depending on the classification of the group, the type of activity, and the availability of the appropriate staffing deemed necessary. Priority for the use of school facilities and charges are determined by a group's classification..
- School District Sponsored Activities:
- PreK - 12 programs, co-curricular activities, Community Education programs (youth activities, adult education, preschool & family education), parent groups (PTO), professional development, etc. (Charges for some equipment will be assessed.)
- Community Group A:
- Non-profit Eden Prairie Youth Athletic Association/Club member teams (18-under) that are composed of 75% or more school district residents (youth athletic associations, homeowners associations, scouts, political functions, precinct caucus).
- City of Eden Prairie Programs. (Refers to city sponsored youth & adult recreational opportunities and special events open to the entire community.
- Eden Prairie Youth Athletic Association/ Club & Eden Prairie School District revenue-producing programs. (Refers to clinics, camps, leagues & travel team tournaments.)
- Community Group B: (in the following order)
- Non-profit Eden Prairie public service groups that use facilities to raise money benefiting the entire community.
- Businesses & neighborhood groups located in Eden Prairie that use the facilities for recreational or educational purposes.
- Private Schools and religious organizations located in Eden Prairie.
- All other Eden Prairie groups that are comprised of at least 50% Eden Prairie residents who wish use facilities for personal use.
- Non-Community Group C:
- Refers to non-profit groups, schools, colleges, universities, youth sport organizations and youth athletic associations that are not based in Eden Prairie.
- Non-Community Group D:
- Individuals, private agencies, companies or vendors that use schools for commercial purposes or personal profit.
- Special Requests & Equipment Approval
- Food Use
- Building Use
- District Policies
- Groups using school facilities are restricted to the activity hours stated on their approved permit. Remember to allow ample time before/after your activity for set up/clean up when requesting space.
- All activities must be terminated by 10:00 PM unless special permission is given.
- School facilities are generally reserved for District sponsored activities until 6 PM. Community groups will be accommodated as space permits.
- By accepting a permit for use of a school facility, the applicant agrees to assume full responsibility for injury to persons and damage to property during the time facilities are used under this agreement and to comply with all rules and regulations regarding the use of school facilities.
- The School District's liability insurance does not provide protection to any organization using its facilities.
- An applicant may be required to show proof of insurance and to name the school district as an "additional insured."
- Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours (M-F) in advance of the scheduled rental or you will be liable for the rental fee.
- The School District reserves the right to cancel any reservation should the need arise. Occasionally, dates conflict with events that are later planned by the school program. Should this occur, every effort would be made to find another appropriate space.
- The School District reserves the right to deny applications and amend rules.
- When school is cancelled due to inclement weather or physical problems, activities scheduled after school, or in the evening are cancelled. Consult WCCO radio (830), TV channels 4, 5, 9, 11 or the district website: www.edenpr.org
- When weather conditions threaten the safe operation of activities held at school facilities on weekends and district holidays, Community Education will assess the situation to determine if events will be cancelled. Once the decision is made to close school facilities due to severe weather or other emergencies, Community Education facilities staff will contact each permit holder via phone and or email to communicate the closing information. Permit holders can call 952-975-6941 for after-hours or weekend weather cancellation information.
- Fees listed on your permit are estimated.
- An invoice will be issued for payment. Payments must be received by the due date listed on the invoice.
- Payments can be made via credit card (online or by phone) or check. Checks sent for payment may be processed electronically. Any funds may be debited from your account the same day payment is received.
- If an organization has a past-due facility use balance Community Education reserves the right to deny any new requests until the account is paid in full. A service fee of $25/month may be assessed.
Special Requests & Equipment Approval
- Please include special requests in your application.
- If video will be taken at, or media will be invited to your event, you are responsible for getting permission from the Eden Prairie Schools Communication Department prior to completing an application and renting space in any district facility. The Communications Department can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-975-7150.
- Intent to serve, sell, or consume food or beverages requires prior approval and is restricted to approved areas.
- Groups are typically responsible for providing their own equipment. Use of school equipment (standards, nets, audiovisual, etc.) must be requested and approved prior to use. There is a fee for use of some equipment and staffing expenses.
- All items, equipment, and materials brought into the schools are subject to approval.
- Prior approval is required for any animals entering district buildings.
- A Community Education building supervisor and/or custodian will be present at all times when a school building is open to operate lights, security, unlocking and locking doors. Neither person will be required to supervise groups or activities. A building supervisor is on duty to assist participants and maintain order in the facility. A custodian's primary function is to maintain the building. If you need assistance, contact the building supervisor.
- All meetings will close in sufficient time to completely vacate the building by the times approved on the customer schedule/use permit. If activities are not concluded by this time, groups may be subject to additional charges.
- All groups must have a first aid kit on site with them at all times.
- An adult leader at least 21 years of age from your organization will be present from the time of entry stated on customer schedule/use permit until all participants have left the premises. Your leader will check in with the building supervisor upon arrival. It is your responsibility to maintain control of the behavior of children involved in the activity (and those children whose parents are involved in the activity) and to ensure that they remain in the area authorized in the customer schedule.
- The individual named on the customer schedule/use permit and the group in whose name the customer schedule/use permit is issued will be jointly responsible for their use of the building and will accept responsibility for any damage done to school property.
Food may be served under the following conditions:
- Food and drink may only be served or consumed in cafeterias, lounges and other approved locations and must appear on the customer schedule.
- The Director of Food Services (952-975-8051) will approve use of the HS concession stand or any kitchens.
- Home-baked or home-cooked foods are not permitted to be served in the schools because of State Health Department regulations.
- The Director of Food Services will approve catered dinners. A copy of the caterer’s license will be on file in the Community Education office prior to the event.
- Operators of temporary food/concession stands will obtain an itinerant food service license through the Hennepin County Environmental Health Department (952-351-5200).
- Groups will follow the School District's recycling policy.
- The school facility will be left in the same condition in which it was found. The group is responsible for setting up equipment before and returning rooms used to original order after activities. (Any expense incurred by the District as a result of the activity may be charged against the user.)
- Classroom materials and information on bulletin boards, white or blackboards will not be disturbed or erased. Classroom supplies and teacher’s desks will not be disturbed.
- Groups may use school equipment within the building (nets, standards, AV equipment, etc.) at a minimal cost upon arrangement with Community Education. Only equipment specified on permit will be made available to organizations.
- Furniture and equipment will not be moved from one room to another unless mentioned on the customer permit, and will be moved or supervised by CE building supervisor. Extra/unusual services will be identified on the permit.
- No decoration or other materials may be applied to walls, ceilings or floors that will mar, deface, or injure these surfaces.
- Groups/individuals may not assign, sublet, or transfer their approved facility use to any other group/individual.
- The district will assume no liability or responsibility for any personal items or equipment of the individual or group, which is used or stored on district property.
- School, City and State fire and safety regulations will be observed at all times.
- Parking in designated fire lanes is prohibited.
- Gambling, drinking, smoking, or the possession of weapons, intoxicants and illegal chemicals in the school buildings, or on the school property, including the school parking lots, is prohibited.
- School District policy prohibits all forms of sexual harassment and violence.
- School District buildings are latex restricted sites. No balloons or other latex products are permitted.
- The School District encourages a fragrance and scent-free environment. Occupants and visitors are asked to refrain from using fragrance items while in district buildings.
- If video will be taken at, or media will be invited to, your event, you are responsible for getting permission from our EP Schools Communications Department prior to completing an application and renting space in any district facility. The communications staff can be contacted at email@example.com or 952-975-7150.