Welcome to the library at CMS! Please visit us to browse our print collection, explore our flexible learning space, and find technology support. We look forward to seeing you!
- Library Hours: 7:35-2:30
- Call Us: (952) 975-7383
- The Sweetest Heist in History
- The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
- The Big Time
- Hello from 2030: The Science of the Future and You
- My Secret Guide to Paris
- The Honest Truth
- Mark of the Thief
- Jack & Louisa: Act 1
- A Study in Scarlet
- Blackbird Fly
- Brown Girl Dreaming
- Taking Flight: From War Orphan to Star Ballerina
- The Closer: Young Readers Edition
- Day 21
- The Last Wild
- Lost Boy
- Writer to Writer: From Think to Ink
- The Nerdy Dozen #2: Close Encounters of the Nerd Kind
- Geek Girl
Book Lists & Resources
- Maud Hart Lovelace: Division II (grades 6-8)
- ALA Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers
- YALSA's Book Award & Book List
- ALA Best Books
- Hennepin County Library
- Encyclopedia content for middle school grades plus multimedia, timelines, world atlas, country comparison, and primary sources.
Catalog of Art Museum Images Online
- Digital collection of works of art from dozens of museums around the world including the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and Walker Art Center.
- The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- Gain access to concise, reliable, and up-to-date country reports on 200 cultures of the world using your Hennepin County library card
- Engaging digital and interactive content and curriculum, including videos, games, assessments, and more.
- Popular elementary and middle school magazines as well as encyclopedias, newspapers, and dictionaries. Includes Primary Search, Middle Search Plus, and Science Reference Center databases.
- Periódicos populares y diarios de habla hispana y bilingües, incluyendo el periódico en español El Nuevo Herald (Miami, FL).
- Digital resource platform with ebooks, audiobooks, databases and more. Click here for a tutorial.
Points of View Reference Center
- Pro vs. con essays that present multiple sides of current or controversial issues. Plus magazine and newspaper articles, primary sources, and more related to those issues.
Proquest Newsstand Complete
- Newspaper articles from hundreds of papers including the Minneapolis Star Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Barron's, USA Today, and many more.
Student Resources in Context
- Encyclopedia, magazine, and journal articles, plus primary sources, images, video, and more for middle and high school students. Includes Discovering Collection, Junior Reference Collection, InfoTrac Student Edition, and InfoTrac Junior Edition databases.
Student Research Center
- Magazine, journal, and encyclopedia articles, plus multimedia files for middle and high school students. Includes Health Source-Consumer Edition, MAS Ultra-School Edition, Middle Search Plus, and Science Reference Center databases.
Are you looking for a book that the CMS library doesn't own? Are you excited about a new book coming out soon, and you think the library should purchase a copy?
Please use this form to suggest books for the library!