Special education and adaptive education students are encouraged to participate in all programs offered.
Along with the after school programs at CMS a South Suburban Adapted Athletics program is also available. This program is designed for special education and adaptive students to participate in team sports activities that allow students the opportunities for building physical fitness and social interaction. The program entails learning cooperative and competitive behaviors while building self confidence by experiencing success through team sport activities.
In addition to cooperative interaction, this program is an excellent vehicle for engaging in physical activities that promote physical fitness. Teams are comprised of students in Grades 7-12. Transportation is provided by the Eden Prairie School District from CMS to the Bloomington school and then to the student's home for home games and practices. For away games, students are bussed by EP to the Bloomington School then transported by Bloomington to the away game and back to Bloomington. Parents must provide transportation home after an away game from the Bloomington School.
Adaptive Sport Offerings:
- Indoor Soccer: Fall: September-November (9 weeks)
- Floor Hockey: Winter: December-March (12 weeks)
- Indoor Softball: Spring: March-June (9 weeks)
- Call Dan Slinden (EPHS) at 952-975-6811.
- Call Corey Christopherson (CMS) at 952-975-7300.
- Call Stephanie Kasel (Bloomington District Athletic Office) at 952-806-7627 or email@example.com
- Call Karen Bakken (EP District Transportation Office) at 952-975-7517.