Experience Cedar Ridge
Cedar Ridge is committed to inspiring EACH student every day. This means helping your learner grow and reach his or her full potential in a safe, nurturing environment. This is just one reason why we have been listed among the highest performing schools in the state. Together with our strong parent community, we lead our students to take ownership of their learning while exploring their interests and finding new passions.
“Cedar Ridge is an incredible school that is dedicated to promoting growth, nurturing our students, and providing the tools they need to be successful. This helps them mature into intellectually-curious, socially-adapted, and self confident individuals. It’s not just a school, but a community that I am truly proud to be a part of.”
-Anne Wardleworth, Parent
- What makes us an excellent school?
- Be Safe. Be Responsible. Be Kind.
- Academic Success
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Parent Involvement
- Outstanding teachers: Our teachers are loved by our parent community with a 99% approval rating among parents district-wide. • Outdoor classroom: Cedar Ridge offers an exciting learning opportunity in our outdoor classroom where students learn about the environment in a calming and engaging atmosphere.
- Personalized Learning: At Eden Prairie Schools, we believe each learner has unique talents and gifts. Through personalized learning, teachers work to understand, care and nurture student strengths, while students are encouraged to take ownership of their learning and explore their interests and passions.
- 4Cs: Our teaching practices emphasize the 4Cs: creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication. These are the skills essential for both career and citizenship.
- Mindfulness: Students engage in calming strategies throughout the day to help reduce stress, improve attention and promote overall student wellness.
- Gifted programming: We offer the KEY program for students in second through sixth grade. KEY students engage in activities utilizing problem solving, higher level thinking skills and advanced topics.
- Orchestra, choir and band: Students engage in musical education each week. Eden Prairie Schools is one of the few districts to offer orchestra at the elementary level.
- Pre-K options available: Families have access to our outstanding half-day and full-day preschool programs for students ages four to five, allowing children to get to know their elementary school before kindergarten.
The Core Values of our Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports system (PBIS) focus on three character pillars – Be Safe, Be Responsible, and Be Kind. All students work together with their classroom teachers and staff to embed these traits into our everyday learning at Cedar Ridge Elementary School. The PBIS Program and the Responsive Classroom Program work hand in hand to develop our students into outstanding community members.
We emphasize social-emotional and academic learning. Our students achieve high levels of learning through consistent, aligned math and reading models in kindergarten through 6th grade. Our differentiated instructional programs are based on student needs to enhance and extend each student’s learning experience.
Cedar Ridge and the PTO work collaboratively to enhance the educational environment for the students. The PTO sponsors Artists in Residencies throughout the year to provide enrichment opportunities in the 4Cs (communication, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking) for all students. In addition, the PTO supports the STEM Education Program, the Outdoor Classroom, Guided Reading Centers, and various classroom activities throughout the year. There are three major fundraisers throughout the year including a Fall Booster-Thon, the school carnival, and Parents’ Night Out. We encourage our families to be involved in the Cedar Ridge Community.