Cedar Ridge art specialists meet with all the students on a 21 day rotation for 45 minute art lessons. The purpose of the art program is to connect each child to the exciting world of art and one's own place in the artistic process. The Cedar Ridge art curriculum is aligned with the district art curriculum and the state art standards. If you would like more information about the art program at Cedar Ridge, please contact your child's art specialist.
Contact the Art Specialist
- Rachel Parris can be reached at Rachel_Parris@edenpr.org or 952-975-4369.
The beginning band program consists of a lesson program and concert band experience for 5th grade students in their first year of playing a band instrument. Now is the best time for students to start learning an instrument as there is no beginning band program at CMS or EPHS. Students will get to select their instrument, learn basic music fundamentals, and perform at three concerts during the year.
Flute - Oboe - Clarinet - Alto Saxophone - Trumpet - French Horn - Trombone - Baritone - Tuba - Percussion
- Each student will receive a 22 minute small group lesson and a 45 minute large group rehearsal once per week during the school day. Students will rotate through a lesson schedule so they will not miss the same class every week. Small group lessons will begin in October. Large group band rehearsals begin at the end of November.
- There is a cost incurred by each student’s family to obtain an instrument. This is explained in more detail in the Instrumental Music Handbook. Most importantly, no student will be denied the opportunity to participate in the Eden Prairie instrumental music program due to financial constraints. Scholarships are available.
- Fifth graders will be attending a short instrument demonstration concert in September where they will get to see and hear all of the different instruments. Students will come home with an Instrumental Music Handbook describing the registration process. ALL students must return the registration form (the last page of the Instrumental Music Handbook) by the date specified. They will then be scheduled for a 10 minute instrument interview to try out their instruments which will be scheduled toward the end of September.
Students at Cedar Ridge receive classroom music with a music specialist. The music specialist meets with all the students on a 21-day rotation for 45-minute music lessons. Music is an integral part of a comprehensive education. We believe that music integrates understanding from multiple disciplines and leads to an improved self-concept, broader cultural awareness, and a development of life-long skills. We look forward to working with you and your child(ren).
Contact the Music Specialist:
- Steve Mollick can be reached at Stephen_Mollick@edenpr.k12.mn.us or 952-975-4218.
The beginning orchestra program consists of a lesson program and large ensemble experience. Students have the option to participate in orchestra in fifth grade in our elementary schools. Now is the best time for students to start learning an instrument as there is no beginning orchestra program at CMS.
In the Elementary Beginning Orchestra, students will develop correct playing posture, will learn the fundamentals of playing music, and how to read music. Elementary orchestra provides students with a solid musical foundation to enter higher level orchestra offerings at Central Middle School and Eden Prairie High School.
Instruction is offered on the following instruments:
Violin – Viola – Cello - Bass
Students in orchestra will participate in a 22-minute group lesson (5-7 students) once a week during the school day. Students will rotate through a lesson schedule so they will not miss the same class every week. In addition, students will participate in a 45-minute large group ensemble once a week during the school day beginning in November. Students will participate in 3-4 concerts during the school year.
Physical education is an essential part of the educational process. It is a key place where students learn the values of teamwork, cooperation, and respect for the diversity of others.
Eden Prairie’s developmentally-based physical education program emphasizes skill building, positive attitudes, and creative expression. The goal of the program is to promote active, healthy lifestyles and positive self esteem.
All students have physical education class. They meet with the physical education specialist on a 21 day rotation for 45 minute physical education lessons.
- Reed Luczak can be reached at Reed_Luczak@edenpr.org
- Erika Rousemiller is our DAPE Teacher and she can be reached at Erika_Rousemiller@edenpr.k12.mn.us
¡Bienvenidos a la clase de español!
Each child at Cedar Ridge will have Spanish instruction. The Spanish teacher will meet with all the students on a 21-day rotation for 45-minute Spanish lessons. Students will participate in a variety of activities including games, songs, cultural presentations, art and technology projects, dancing, and even some storytelling.
The curriculum is organized around content areas. Most content areas are repeated at each grade level to allow for review and amplification of the vocabulary as well to promote the sequential development of the four components of language learning: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
Contact the World Language specialist:
- Jill Fischer can be contacted at Jill_Fischer@edenpr.org or 952-975-2393.