Free Price School Meals
Online Free Meal Application
Families who wish to apply for the Minnesota Department of Education’s free and reduced-price school meals program can now complete and submit the application online. (Note that to complete the application online it is necessary to allow pop-ups in your web browser.) If you have questions, please call 952-975-8055.
- The "online application" and "online payments" can be accessed through the Parent Portal. Once logged in, click on Applications/Forms or Vanco icon for payments in the left sidebar.
The application is available to download, print and submit via mail or drop off. Letters of results will be mailed to your home address after the application has been processed. It is the parent's responsibility to have money on the student's meal account until the application has been approved.
- Application for the 2018-19 school year:
- Application for Educational Benefits - English
- Application for Educational Benefits - Spanish
- Application for Educational Benefits - Somali
- View additional information on how and where to receive your Free/Reduced meal.
Minimum Price for Adults and Other Non-Program Meals
School nutrition programs funds may not subsidize non-program meals. Meals that are served to adults (and any non-reimbursable meals such as second lunches) must be priced high enough so that the cost of these meals is fully paid for by the customer.
At a minimum, the meal charge must be equal to the full amount of reimbursements received for a student free meal including the cost for lunches and the value of commodities.