The Eden Prairie School Board has seven members who are elected at-large. Elections for school board members are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November. The next election will be November 6, 2018. The candidate elected for 2019 will serve a one-year term. If you would like additional information in becoming a School Board Candidate, an information session will be held Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018.
A candidate for the school board must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 21-years-old at the time the term of office begins
- Have resided in the school district for 30 days prior to the election
- Be an eligible voter, which includes the requirement that the individual be a citizen of the United States
Affidavits of candidacy are available from the district’s Administrative Services Center at 8100 School Road, Eden Prairie. The candidate filing period is open from July 31 to August 14 at 5 p.m. The filing fee for this office is $2. A candidate for school board must not have any other affidavit on file for any other elected office during the same general election.
Individuals must meet the following requirements to vote in a school board or other special election:
View information regarding poll locations and absentee voting.
- Be at least 18-years-old
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of the school district and maintain residence in the district for 20 days immediately preceding the election
For further information about school board elections, contact Laurie Hemstock at email@example.com or call 952-975-7072.