The Eden Prairie School Board has seven members who are elected at-large, to four-year terms. Elections for school board members are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November in odd-numbered years. The next election will be November 7, 2017.
A candidate for the school board must meet the following qualifications:
Affidavits of candidacy are available from the district’s Administrative Services Center at 8100 School Road, Eden Prairie. The candidate filing period is open from July 28 to August 11. The filing fee for this office is $2. A candidate for school board must not have any other affidavit on file for any other elected office during the same general election.
- Be at least 21-years-old at the time the term of office begins
- Have resided in the school district for 30 days prior to the election
- Be an eligible voter, which includes the requirement that the individual be a citizen of the United States
Individuals must meet the following requirements to vote in a school board or other special election:
- Be at least 18-years-old
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of the school district and maintain residence in the district for 20 days immediately preceding the election
For further information about school board elections, contact Laurie Hemstock at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-975-7072.