Vision for Professional Learning
Eden Prairie’s Goals for Professional Learning 2014-2018
- Goal 1: All staff, students and parents understand the strategic objectives, rubrics and processes for assessing student learning.
- Goal 2: Students, parents/guardians/caregivers, and educators work together to plan and support culturally relevant personalized student learning.
- Goal 3: Each staff member understands culturally responsive practices and secures high expectations for each student to eliminate achievement disparities.
- Goal 4: Each district employee and student is competent in evolving core technology skills and digital resources are used to re-imagine daily schedules and personalized learning opportunities.
Professional Learning Advisory Members
- Senior Director of Personalized Learning: Michelle Ament
- Molly Hollenbeck (Associate Principal, Eden Prairie High School)
- Tom Walters (Associate Principal, Eden Lake)
- Mary Waters Cryer (Director of Related Services)
- Tom Baker (Q Comp Coach and EPEA President)
- Mary Campbell (EL Teacher, Eden Prairie High School)
- Andrea Cassin (Instructional Coach, Prairie View)
- Kristin Cayo (5th Grade Teacher, Forest Hills)
- JoAnne Gramith (EL Teacher, Eden Lake)
- Dawn Head (5th Grade Teacher, Forest Hills)
- Tara Jones (Math Teacher, Central Middle School)
- Kevin McGee (Instructional Coach, Oak Point)
- Sarah Nelson (SPED Teacher, Eden Prairie High Schol)
- Amy Peterson (SPED Teacher, Eden Prairie High School)
- Kadee Ruhland (3rd Grade Teacher, Cedar Ridge)
- Megan Skogstad (MOSAIC Teacher, Eden Lake)
- Shelly Streich (Business & Marketing Teacher, Eden Prairie High School)
- Jean Tushie (Science Teacher, Eden Prairie High School)
- Erin Schiller (Instructional Excellence Coordinator)
- Sue Feigal Hitch (Gifted & Talented Coordinator)
- Stephanie Baker (Q Comp Coordinator)
- Elisha Nelson (Early Childhood Coordinator)
- Administrative Service Center/Technology Dept:
- Tracy Lucco (Professional Development & Training Specialist)
Beliefs about Professional Learning:
We believe professional learning is fundamental to providing high levels of learning for each student. All employees will have learning opportunities and a professional responsibility to actively engage in continuous learning to improve their practice.
- Job-embedded learning is grounded in day-to-day practices
- Collaborative culture empowers employees to work interdependently to achieve common goals
- Learning is ongoing and occurs as part of routine work practices
- Conditions are created for a culture of sustained and perpetual learning
- Learning by doing develops deeper understanding and greater commitment
- Employees are active partners in personalizing their learning; determining the content of their learning, how learning occurs, and evaluating its effectiveness.
Modalities of Professional Learning
Eden Prairie Schools professional learning opportunities can be found within three categories: Learning with Others, Learning from Others & Learning by Doing. Within each category are various modalities for learning. Additional modalities may be added to this vision over time.