Beginning in September of 2018, Eden Prairie Schools Community Education is adding a before and after school program to its robust youth programming. Eagle Zone will offer a fun and safe environment that provides kids with engaging and exciting activities before and after school. Eagle Zone will replace the current school-age care program run by the YMCA.
Families participating in Eagle Zone can expect:
- A choice-based program where students will have the flexibility to choose an activity that interests them throughout the program time. On a daily basis, Eagle Zone will incorporate outdoor and gym time; quiet activities such as a reading corner, drawing station or a dramatic play area; and coordinated activities including arts and crafts projects, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) experiments, cooking and other hands-on activities.
- Qualified, trained staff who have a passion for working with youth.
- A snack will be provided every afternoon for students. Parents are also welcome to send a snack or breakfast with their child if they choose.
- Eagle Zone will offer additional flexibility to families by requiring sign up for only one or more consistent morning or afternoon session per week. Fees include all activities, supplies, field trips and snacks. Additional fees will only be charged for late payments, late pickups or additional t-shirts requested.
- Non-school day and summer programming will be provided on a similar calendar to the YMCA school-age care program currently available to families. Details will be available in the spring 2018.
Eden Prairie Schools Community Education is happy to answer your questions about Eagle Zone. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 952-975-6940. Visit the Eagle Zone website for more information at www.edenpr.org/eaglezone.