Donate to Support Early Childhood Learning
Join in the Great Minnesota Give-Together -- Give to the Max Day! Your donation to the Eden Prairie Community Education’s Early Childhood fund builds school readiness and strong families.
Your $10 donation could help us receive a $1,000 Golden Ticket. Just make an online donation on GiveMN.org
, and your donation will be entered into an hourly drawing for a $1,000 GiveMN Golden Ticket – which could go to our Early Childhood Program. That adds up to 24 opportunities for you to help us receive an extra $1,000!
Here’s the really exciting part:
One donation made on GiveMN.org will be randomly selected at noon and at the end of Give to the Max Day to receive a $10,000 Super-Sized GiveMN Golden Ticket! Help us increase our odds and make the most of your gift by making a donation
on November 17.
The goal of the Eden Prairie Community Education Early Childhood Education Fund is to educate and support all families with children ages birth to five, through parent education, parent/child interaction opportunities, and preschool experiences. This year over 900 families participate in Early Childhood Education classes.
Why is the early childhood education fund needed?
- A portion of our funding comes from legislated dollars, program fees, grants and contributions. Tuition alone covers less than half the cost of a class.
- Each year over 200 Eden Prairie families request financial support to participate for a variety of reasons including: job transition, illness, recent immigration, and changed family or financial situation.
What types of things does the early childhood fund support?
In our most recent grant round, the Early Childhood Advisory Council approved the following request for support totaling $10,000:
- Age appropriate motor room play structures
- Play-based learning and early literacy opportunities for new preschool classrooms
- Parent connection and educational programming for Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) families
- Ability and multicultural diversity materials and books as well as updated writing center supplies for the full-day classrooms
- Four light tables for Lower Campus preschool classrooms to share
- Social/emotional instructional materials and training for preschool teachers
- A new climbing structure and slide for the 2-year-old Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) classroom
- Ramps and pathways supplies to promote STEM exploration
Why is important that families participate in Eden Prairie Community Education early childhood programs?
- Parents report that their children are more self confident, have improved relationships with other children and have better behavior.
- Parents report that they read and talk with their children more, feel more self-confident in their parenting role and stay involved in their child’s education.
- All of this adds up to improved readiness for school, school success and strong families.
How can I help? DONATE on-line or mail checks payable to FEPS Early Childhood Fund to the address below.
Financial Assistance is available for our preschool classes. More information is available on the Fee Assistance webpage